[GNC] How to customize the columns shown in the "generic import transaction matcher" (when downloading transactions from my bank) ?

a b

[GNC] How to customize the columns shown in the "generic import transaction matcher" (when downloading transactions from my bank) ?

a b
HI there,

*Just joined the list (as I found nothing helpful on this on Google and
this list seems to be the most up-to-date place for asking gnucash-related
stuff)*.

For a while now, I'm using the

[Actions --> Online Actions --> Get Transactions...]

feature to get my banking transactions into gnucash. So far so good.

However, the "generic import transaction matcher"-windows which pops up as
part of this process is not much to my liking: It shows a number of (to me)
irrelevant columns; I'd like it to just always show a) the columns I'm
interested in and b) remember the ideal width per column (as set by me
*once*). How to achieve this? Possible (and if so, how easily
accomplishable)?

Thanks!

(Slippin') Jimmy

Re: [GNC] How to customize the columns shown in the "generic import transaction matcher" (when downloading transactions from my bank) ?

John Ralls-2

> On Mar 12, 2019, at 1:42 PM, a b <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> HI there,
>
> *Just joined the list (as I found nothing helpful on this on Google and
> this list seems to be the most up-to-date place for asking gnucash-related
> stuff)*.
>
> For a while now, I'm using the
>
> [Actions --> Online Actions --> Get Transactions...]
>
> feature to get my banking transactions into gnucash. So far so good.
>
> However, the "generic import transaction matcher"-windows which pops up as
> part of this process is not much to my liking: It shows a number of (to me)
> irrelevant columns; I'd like it to just always show a) the columns I'm
> interested in and b) remember the ideal width per column (as set by me
> *once*). How to achieve this? Possible (and if so, how easily
> accomplishable)?

That dialog isn't customizable, sorry.

a b

Re: [GNC] How to customize the columns shown in the "generic import transaction matcher" (when downloading transactions from my bank) ?

a b
What a shame! :((

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019, 00:33 John Ralls <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On Mar 12, 2019, at 1:42 PM, a b <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > HI there,
> >
> > *Just joined the list (as I found nothing helpful on this on Google and
> > this list seems to be the most up-to-date place for asking
> gnucash-related
> > stuff)*.
> >
> > For a while now, I'm using the
> >
> > [Actions --> Online Actions --> Get Transactions...]
> >
> > feature to get my banking transactions into gnucash. So far so good.
> >
> > However, the "generic import transaction matcher"-windows which pops up
> as
> > part of this process is not much to my liking: It shows a number of (to
> me)
> > irrelevant columns; I'd like it to just always show a) the columns I'm
> > interested in and b) remember the ideal width per column (as set by me
> > *once*). How to achieve this? Possible (and if so, how easily
> > accomplishable)?
> >

> That dialog isn't customizable, sorry.

Re: [GNC] How to customize the columns shown in the "generic import transaction matcher" (when downloading transactions from my bank) ?

Derek Atkins-3

On Wed, March 13, 2019 2:23 pm, a b wrote:
> What a shame! :((

Patches always welcome!

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745