[GNC] How do I access the forum without using Nabble

[GNC] How do I access the forum without using Nabble

john_mike
I am very confused as to how I am meant to access the forum. I am posting
this via nabble. I seem to remember that that isn't necessary. That being
the case how am I meant to access it and create a new thread.

Re: [GNC] How do I access the forum without using Nabble

Maf. King
On Saturday, 19 January 2019 10:10:57 GMT john_mike wrote:
> I am very confused as to how I am meant to access the forum. I am posting
> this via nabble. I seem to remember that that isn't necessary. That being
> the case how am I meant to access it and create a new thread.

Hi Johnmike,

your confusion might stem from the fact that this is actually an email list,
not a web forum.  Nabble takes the emails and puts a forum-like layout around
the basic emails.

To start a new thread, it is as simple as sending an email to gnucash-
[hidden email].

Your email address has to be subscribed first, of course - i don't know if you
already are via nabble, as I don't use it.  You can manage/create your email
list subscription at

hth,
Maf.

> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information. -----

Re: [GNC] How do I access the forum without using Nabble

john_mike
Hi Maf, Thank you so much for that clarification. Mike

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019, at 10:31 AM, Maf. King wrote:

> On Saturday, 19 January 2019 10:10:57 GMT john_mike wrote:
> > I am very confused as to how I am meant to access the forum. I am posting
> > this via nabble. I seem to remember that that isn't necessary. That being
> > the case how am I meant to access it and create a new thread.
> >

> Hi Johnmike,
>
> your confusion might stem from the fact that this is actually an email list,
> not a web forum.  Nabble takes the emails and puts a forum-like layout around
> the basic emails.
>
> To start a new thread, it is as simple as sending an email to gnucash-
> [hidden email].
>
> Your email address has to be subscribed first, of course - i don't know if you
> already are via nabble, as I don't use it.  You can manage/create your email
> list subscription at
>  https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
>
> hth,
> Maf.

> > https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information. -----

  Mike Stillingfleet

Re: [GNC] How do I access the forum without using Nabble

Robert Heller
It is not actually a forum, it is an E-Mail list.  You need to sign up to the
list (visit https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user to do
that).

At Sat, 19 Jan 2019 04:10:57 -0600 (CST) john_mike <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am very confused as to how I am meant to access the forum. I am posting
> this via nabble. I seem to remember that that isn't necessary. That being
> the case how am I meant to access it and create a new thread.

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933

Robert Heller                      -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Download the Model Railroad System
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Binaries for Linux and MS-Windows
heller@deepsoft.com        -- http://www.deepsoft.com/ModelRailroadSystem/

Re: [GNC] How do I access the forum without using Nabble

Mike,

There should also be no problem accessing the list from Nabble either. Creating a post from Nabble also
creates an email to the mail-list. The confusion is perhaps that you need to be registered separately for the mailing
list and for Nabble. I use the same credentials to do both and am then able to post be email or using Nabble without any
problem. The only restriction with Nabble seems to be that mail list users sometimes cannot see previous posts in a
thread. In my case it is becausee I clear my emails from the list out to an archive almost daily to avoid clogging up my
inbox and missing other email.