[GNC] Gnucash 3.7-1

Chris Tsuji
   Hi
   Hope that someone can help me.
   I was using 3.3.
   I downloaded 3.7.1 and can not get the software to open.
   Mac OS 10.14.6
   Hope that someone can help.
   Chris Tsuji

Re: [GNC] Gnucash 3.7-1

Adrien Monteleone-2
Make sure you’ve copied the GnuCash.app from the dmg to either /Applications or ~/Applications first.

Then you’ll need to open that folder and right-click GnuCash.app and choose ‘Open’.

MacOS will ask you if you’re sure you want to open it since it was downloaded from the net. Confirm you want to open it.

It may or may not open.

If not, simply left-click to open it this time. Now you can update your Dock icon if needed and it should open on first click each time.

> On Oct 15, 2019 w42d288, at 10:54 AM, Chris Tsuji <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>   Hi
>   Hope that someone can help me.
>   I was using 3.3.
>   I downloaded 3.7.1 and can not get the software to open.
>   Mac OS 10.14.6
>   Hope that someone can help.
>   Chris Tsuji

Re: [GNC] Gnucash 3.7-1

Chris Tsuji
   Adrien
   After I downloaded
   I opened the dmg and drag to the application folder.
   I have a mac so I control click and clicked on the open button.
   Did not open,
   I then double clicked and the open button was clicked.
   Still no open.
   What else can i do?
   Thanks in Advance.
   Chris

   Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 8:57 AM
   From: "Adrien Monteleone" <[hidden email]>
   To: "Gnucash User" <[hidden email]>
   Subject: Re: [GNC] Gnucash 3.7-1
   <[hidden email]> wrote:

   > Hi
   > Hope that someone can help me.
   > I was using 3.3.
   > I downloaded 3.7.1 and can not get the software to open.
   > Mac OS 10.14.6
   > Hope that someone can help.
   > Chris Tsuji
   [2]https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.

References

   2. https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists

Re: [GNC] Gnucash 3.7-1

John Ralls-2
Under System Preferences>Security and Privacy, General Tab, do you have "App store and identified developers" selected under "Allow apps downloaded from:"?

Did you get the dialog saying that you'd downloaded GnuCash from the web and asking if you were sure you wanted to open it?

> On Oct 15, 2019, at 10:09 AM, Chris Tsuji <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>   Adrien
>   After I downloaded
>   I opened the dmg and drag to the application folder.
>   I have a mac so I control click and clicked on the open button.
>   Did not open,
>   I then double clicked and the open button was clicked.
>   Still no open.
>   What else can i do?
>   Thanks in Advance.
>   Chris
>
>   Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 8:57 AM
>   From: "Adrien Monteleone" <[hidden email]>
>   To: "Gnucash User" <[hidden email]>
>   Subject: Re: [GNC] Gnucash 3.7-1
>   Make sure you’ve copied the GnuCash.app from the dmg to either
>   /Applications or ~/Applications first.
>   Then you’ll need to open that folder and right-click GnuCash.app and
>   choose ‘Open’.
>   MacOS will ask you if you’re sure you want to open it since it was
>   downloaded from the net. Confirm you want to open it.
>   It may or may not open.
>   If not, simply left-click to open it this time. Now you can update your
>   Dock icon if needed and it should open on first click each time.
>   Regards,
>   Adrien
>> On Oct 15, 2019 w42d288, at 10:54 AM, Chris Tsuji
>   <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> Hope that someone can help me.
>> I was using 3.3.
>> I downloaded 3.7.1 and can not get the software to open.
>> Mac OS 10.14.6
>> Hope that someone can help.
>> Chris Tsuji
>   If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see
>   [2]https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
>   -----
>   Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>   You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
>
> References

>   2. https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists

Re: [GNC] Gnucash 3.7-1

Chris Tsuji
   Thanks to all.
   I figured it out.
   I did not put the program in the application folder, but put the disk.
   After I put the program, and restarted, it works
   Thanks to all for your help
   Chris

   Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 1:34 PM
   From: "John Ralls" <[hidden email]>