[GNC] GnuCash and OSX.15

GnuCash - User mailing list
I am running the new beta version of OSX v15 on a Mac. Since installation, Gnucash will not run saying my file cannot be found. I  have tried selecting files directly and trying to open them. No luck. Any ideas of what the problem is?

Alan Magnus
Kingston, Jamaica
Caribbean

Re: [GNC] GnuCash and OSX.15

Colin Law
Have you tried using File > Open and browsing to the file?  If that
doesn't work then what happens.
Note that if you are on a Mac you can't open the file by double
clicking it, if that is what you were doing.

Colin

On Wed, 26 Jun 2019 at 15:06, Alan Magnus via gnucash-user
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am running the new beta version of OSX v15 on a Mac. Since installation, Gnucash will not run saying my file cannot be found. I  have tried selecting files directly and trying to open them. No luck. Any ideas of what the problem is?
>
> Alan Magnus
> Kingston, Jamaica
> Caribbean

Re: [GNC] GnuCash and OSX.15

> On Jun 26, 2019, at 9:37 AM, Alan Magnus via gnucash-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am running the new beta version of OSX v15 on a Mac. Since installation, Gnucash will not run saying my file cannot be found. I  have tried selecting files directly and trying to open them. No luck. Any ideas of what the problem is?
>
> Alan Magnus
> Kingston, Jamaica
> Caribbean
> [hidden email]

Gnucash 3.2 and 3.5 work for me in Mac OS 10.15. Finance-Quote is not working, but I have to figure out if that’s me or if it’s Apple.

Dave
--
Dave Reiser

Re: [GNC] GnuCash and OSX.15

Greg Feneis
On Wed, Jun 26, 2019, 07:06 Alan Magnus via gnucash-user <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am running the new beta version of OSX v15 on a Mac. Since installation,
> Gnucash will not run saying my file cannot be found.

Seems more likely that GnuCash is running, but cannot find your working
file.

I  have tried selecting files directly and trying to open them. No luck.

There is a known issue on Macs, where GnuCash always tries to open the last
file that it worked with.  Often, Mac users report clicking on a working
file, and GnuCash starts and opens a different file, or GnuCash starts and
cannot find the file, even though the user just clicked on it.

> Any ideas of what the problem is?

After GnuCash starts clear/acknowledge any error messages, and from the
main menu, select file>open, and then navigate to the file you want to
open. When you do this, GnuCash will ask you if you want to save the
current file (a default file it opens when it cannot find the file it
wanted to). You shouldn't need to bother saving it.  Good luck!

> Alan Magnus
> Kingston, Jamaica
> Caribbean

Re: [GNC] GnuCash and OSX.15

Alan Magnus
When I open Gnucash in 10.15 this is what I see

Alan Magnus
Kingston, Jamaica
Caribbean

Re: [GNC] GnuCash and OSX.15

Colin Law
Click either yes or no then use File > Open to browse the file you want to
open.  Presumably that is not the file mentioned in the dialog as that does
not exist.

Colin

On Wed, 26 Jun 2019 at 18:42, Alan Magnus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When I open Gnucash in 10.15 this is what I see
>

> Alan Magnus
> Kingston, Jamaica
> Caribbean

Screenshot 2019-06-26 at 12.39.20.png (87K) Download Attachment

Re: [GNC] GnuCash and OSX.15

> On Jun 26, 2019, at 10:42 AM, Alan Magnus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> When I open Gnucash in 10.15 this is what I see

Open System Preferences and select Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy pane. In the list at the left scroll down to Files and Folders. Make sure that GnuCash is in the right pane and that Documents Folder is selected.