[GNC] GnuCash 3.7 crash in online banking

[GNC] GnuCash 3.7 crash in online banking

Eric Haszlakiewicz
I'm trying to get online banking set up with my Chase credit card, and
while using version 3.5 I tracked down a bug in what GnuCash was sending
that was causing things to not work (bad NEWFILEUID header, fwiw) , so I
decided to try with the newest version, 3.7, on Windows 10, hoping that the
bug has been fixed.
Unfortunately, the online banking now *always* crashes.
I've completely cleared out my aqbanking folder, and the steps to get it to
crash are:
* Tools->Online Banking Setup
* Click Next, Start aqbanking Wizard, then Create User
* Then click next, choose OFX-DirectConnect backend, next, and Run
* In the OFX DirectConnect Setup Wizard, click Next, then select the bank:
"Chase(credit card)  (636)", Next again
* The values for user name, user id and client uid don't seem to make a
difference, fill in something, click Next
* The emulated application doesn't seem to make a difference, use default,
click Next
* Windows pops up asking to accept certificate, click Yes
* GnuCash crashes. :(

When I start it again, I can't even delete the aqbanking user because it
tries to acquire a lock and fails with error -109, so I need to remove the
aqbanking folder again.  If I remove just the *lck* files, I can get it to
crash by clicking the "Retrieve Account List" button inside the online
banking setup.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Any possible fixes or workarounds?

Thanks,
Eric

Re: [GNC] GnuCash 3.7 crash in online banking

randix
Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote

> When I start it again, I can't even delete the aqbanking user because it
> tries to acquire a lock and fails with error -109, so I need to remove the
> aqbanking folder again.  If I remove just the *lck* files, I can get it to
> crash by clicking the "Retrieve Account List" button inside the online
> banking setup.
>
> Is anyone else having this problem?  Any possible fixes or workarounds?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

*Eric... I continue to have the same issue when trying to set up
aqbanking... it crashes when I try and retrieve my accounts, and then when i
try and delete the aqbanking user i had set up, i get an error that the
removal attempt fails, error - 109.

Did you ever figure out what was going on?
*

Re: [GNC] GnuCash 3.7 crash in online banking

randix
So since my previous post garnered zippo replies re my (and others) not
getting aqbanking to work with 3.7 (Windows 10), eg it crashes GnuCash when
I try and delete a user in aqbanking or try and retrieve accounts as part of
the set up... let me ask it this way...

If I revert back to an older version of GnuCash, would that be "helpful",
and if so, which version?

Thanks :)

Re: [GNC] GnuCash 3.7 crash in online banking

Frank H. Ellenberger-3
Hello,

Am Mi., 9. Okt. 2019 um 15:07 Uhr schrieb randix <[hidden email]>:

> So since my previous post garnered zippo replies re my (and others) not
> getting aqbanking to work with 3.7 (Windows 10), eg it crashes GnuCash when
> I try and delete a user in aqbanking or try and retrieve accounts as part of
> the set up... let me ask it this way...
>
> If I revert back to an older version of GnuCash, would that be "helpful",
> and if so, which version?
>
> Thanks :)

sorry, but because of changes in the german online banking the experts
are currently busy on the gncash-de and aqbanking-user mailing lists.

It might be, your aqofx problem is a side effect of the changes on
aqhbci, which included a higher required version of aqbanking etc.

At first you should  test a recent nightly from the *maint* branch to
see, if the problem still exists:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#Q:_Are_there_nightly_builds.3F or
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Flatpak for Linux

If it still exists, one of you should file a bug report, see
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla,
in https://bugs.gnucash.org/buglist.cgi?component=Import%20-%20AqBanking&product=GnuCash&resolution=---
and attach a stack trace, see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Stack_Trace.

Finally it should be possible to go back to GnuCash 3.6 until the
issue is solved.

Regards
Frank

Re: [GNC] GnuCash 3.7 crash in online banking

randix
Thanks, Frank, much appreciate the reply and the suggestions.

Steve