[GNC] GNUcash Product description in report

[GNC] GNUcash Product description in report

Martijn Heuts
Hello,
Before I did an update many months ago I was able to create a particular report and for some reason I can't figure out how I did itas I lost all my reports after the update.
The report had products I sold in there. This report was generated from when I created an invoice and gave a description of the productI sold. I had a report created which showed me all the 'descriptions' (my products) and it included the date/month, price and product description.
All I can do right now is generate a similar report but it has the customer name instead of the product description.
Any help I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,

Martijn

Re: [GNC] GNUcash Product description in report

Adrien Monteleone-2
To get invoice line items on a report do the following:

1. Do not ‘Accumulate Splits’ when you post the invoice(s). This can be done by unchecking that box when posting, or fixing the preference globally. (this will put each line item as its own split)
2. Open the the relevant Income/Revenue account register.
3. Filter the view to the desired date range.
4. Run an Account report with ‘Memo’ checked under the Display tab. (that will get you the line-item text as they are split memos.)

You can also do this with a Transaction Report.

> On Mar 13, 2019, at 2:17 PM, Martijn Heuts <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> Before I did an update many months ago I was able to create a particular report and for some reason I can't figure out how I did itas I lost all my reports after the update.
> The report had products I sold in there. This report was generated from when I created an invoice and gave a description of the productI sold. I had a report created which showed me all the 'descriptions' (my products) and it included the date/month, price and product description.
> All I can do right now is generate a similar report but it has the customer name instead of the product description.
> Any help I would really appreciate it.
> Thanks,
>
> Martijn

Re: [GNC] GNUcash Product description in report

Martijn,

Check out the locations given here for your missing reports if you upgraded
from 2.6 to 3.x
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations.

In v2.6.x  saved reports was saved-reports-2.4 but in V3.x it is renamed to
saved-reports-2.8 and the location was moved.  Try copying saved-reports-2.8
to saved-reports-2.8 and then renaming saved-reports-2.4 to
saved-reports-2.8