[GNC] GNC 3.2 CSV import for transaction with multi-split

[GNC] GNC 3.2 CSV import for transaction with multi-split

GnuCash - User mailing list
Hi I'm new to GNC, I'm trying to re-import CSV generated by same version of GNC(version 3.2). I saw previous email that version 2.6 cannot import CSV generated by GnuCash (containing 2 split). And this re-import from exported CSV issue is solved since version 2.8
I just tested exporting simple transaction from my accounts
1 transaction with 2 splits with memo on each split.
I deleted the transaction from UI and reimport using the generated CSV (checked the multi-split option). The importer should recreate 1 transaction with 2 splits with their memo.But now after import, I have 2 transactions instead of 1.
first transaction contain memo for split 1 with description.

second transaction contain memo for split 2 WITHOUT description.

Is this multi-split CSV importer working and tested?
Thanks

Re: [GNC] GNC 3.2 CSV import for transaction with multi-split

Geert Janssens-4
Op zaterdag 4 augustus 2018 11:13:19 CEST schreef Indra via gnucash-user:

> Hi I'm new to GNC, I'm trying to re-import CSV generated by same version of
> GNC(version 3.2). I saw previous email that version 2.6 cannot import CSV
> generated by GnuCash (containing 2 split). And this re-import from exported
> CSV issue is solved since version 2.8 I just tested exporting simple
> transaction from my accounts
> 1 transaction with 2 splits with memo on each split.
> I deleted the transaction from UI and reimport using the generated CSV
> (checked the multi-split option). The importer should recreate 1
> transaction with 2 splits with their memo.But now after import, I have 2
> transactions instead of 1. first transaction contain memo for split 1 with
> description.
>
> second transaction contain memo for split 2 WITHOUT description.
>
> Is this multi-split CSV importer working and tested?
> Thanks

Hi,

The multi-split csv importer is working fine here. I have just verified this
again on my system by exporting an account and re-importing it.

What settings did you use in the preview ? Did you select the "Gnucash Export"
preset ?

Re: [GNC] GNC 3.2 CSV import for transaction with multi-split

GnuCash - User mailing list
 Hi Geert,strange, I tried it again today, now can import those splits with each memo.
I think I did something wrong with the import option.
I tried reproducing the double entry and cannot, the import is working fine.
Thanks

    On Thursday, August 9, 2018, 1:42:46 PM GMT+7, Geert Janssens <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Op zaterdag 4 augustus 2018 11:13:19 CEST schreef Indra via gnucash-user:

> Hi I'm new to GNC, I'm trying to re-import CSV generated by same version of
> GNC(version 3.2). I saw previous email that version 2.6 cannot import CSV
> generated by GnuCash (containing 2 split). And this re-import from exported
> CSV issue is solved since version 2.8 I just tested exporting simple
> transaction from my accounts
> 1 transaction with 2 splits with memo on each split.
> I deleted the transaction from UI and reimport using the generated CSV
> (checked the multi-split option). The importer should recreate 1
> transaction with 2 splits with their memo.But now after import, I have 2
> transactions instead of 1. first transaction contain memo for split 1 with
> description.
>
> second transaction contain memo for split 2 WITHOUT description.
>
> Is this multi-split CSV importer working and tested?
> Thanks

Hi,

The multi-split csv importer is working fine here. I have just verified this
again on my system by exporting an account and re-importing it.

What settings did you use in the preview ? Did you select the "Gnucash Export"
preset ?

Re: [GNC] GNC 3.2 CSV import for transaction with multi-split

Geert Janssens-4
Hi Indra,

Good to hear it works after all.

Geert