[GNC] Fwd: [gnucash-de] Reversed banlanced accounts setting does not work in reports

[GNC] Fwd: [gnucash-de] Reversed banlanced accounts setting does not work in reports

Frank H. Ellenberger-3
Hi Raimund,

forwarding to the english list

Regards
Frank

Betreff: [gnucash-de] Reversed banlanced accounts setting does not work
in reports
Datum: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 23:02:47 +0000
Von: Raimund Strehl <[hidden email]>
An: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>

GnuCash 3.2 on Windows 10:

Reports such as Transaction report do not respect the "reverse balanced
accounts" setting on subtotals for income accounts.

Individual transactions will show be shown reversed, but not account
subtotals

e.g.

GnuCash 2.6.21 "reverse balanced accounts" to reverse sign on income
accounts

Income account X:

Transaction A 200 EUR

Transaction B 300 EUR

Total 500 EUR

GnuCash 3.2 "reverse balanced accounts" to reverse sign on income accounts

Income account X:

Transaction A 200 EUR

Transaction B 300 EUR

Total -500 EUR

I assume it is a bug in the reporting function.

This bug seems to have appeared between version 2.6.21 and 3.2

Does anyone know the reason for this or a fix for this?

Thanks for any hints

Ray

Nachrichtenteil als Anhang (155 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [GNC] Fwd: [gnucash-de] Reversed banlanced accounts setting does not work in reports

GnuCash - User mailing list
Raimund,

I saw the same issues recently.

The changes you see are purposeful. In order to make the totals add up, the person changed the way that the transaction report handles this setting. As I am not a programmer, I am not able to delve in to try and find a fix for it.I

The thread from the last couple of weeks goes into more detail.

David T.

On January 23, 2019, at 12:45 AM, "Frank H. Ellenberger" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Raimund,

forwarding to the english list

Regards
Frank

in reports

Re: [GNC] Fwd: [gnucash-de] Reversed banlanced accounts setting does not work in reports

Raimund Strehl
Thank you.
I haven't seen the thread. Could you maybe forward it.
BR
Raimund

Re: [GNC] Fwd: [gnucash-de] Reversed banlanced accounts setting does not work in reports

GnuCash - User mailing list
Sure! Since google isn't available in Germany,
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2019-January/082029.html

  On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 18:20, Raimund Strehl<[hidden email]> wrote:   Thank you.
I haven't seen the thread. Could you maybe forward it.
BR
Raimund

Re: [GNC] Fwd: [gnucash-de] Reversed banlanced accounts setting does not work in reports

Raimund Strehl
Thank you. But this thread does not handle the fact that the “reverse balanced accounts” setting is ignored in the totals.
Unfortunately I am not a programmer, but if someone can point me to where the file for the general ledger report is saved, I can have a look and maybe try to figure out how to correct the mistake.
Remember, this was correctly implemented in 2.6 and then disappeared.
BR
Raimund

Sorry. The start of the thread is misleading. Following the thread, you will see that with https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2019-January/082031.html the discussion turns to precisely the issue you're asking about.

On January 23, 2019, at 8:27 PM, Raimund Strehl <[hidden email]> wrote:

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; text-decoration:underline;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-priority:99; color:purple; text-decoration:underline;} p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0 {mso-style-name:msonormal; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0cm; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0cm; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;} span.E-postmall19 {mso-style-type:personal-reply; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page WordSection1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

Thank you. But this thread does not handle the fact that the “reverse balanced accounts” setting is ignored in the totals.

Unfortunately I am not a programmer, but if someone can point me to where the file for the general ledger report is saved, I can have a look and maybe try to figure out how to correct the mistake.

Remember, this was correctly implemented in 2.6 and then disappeared.

BR

Raimund

Re: [GNC] Fwd: [gnucash-de] Reversed banlanced accounts setting does not work in reports

Raimund Strehl
Thank you David,
Now I found the change of subject in the thread. And there is a link to the code there as well.
I agree with the thread poster that one should display the reversed subtotal amount honoring the setting and calculate the rand total with a negative sign.
I am not a coder, but I will have a look whether I understand anything.
BR
Raimund

Re: [GNC] Fwd: [gnucash-de] Reversed banlanced accounts setting does not work in reports

Christopher Lam
This is now added in the FAQ.

(Please note the FAQ is not necessarily the final position; reversal
strategy may be improved with suitable solutions)

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Why_does_the_Transaction_Report_.27Sign_Reversal.27_setting_not_work_on_subtotals