[GNC] File, Import transactions, Match Transactions form Select account

[GNC] File, Import transactions, Match Transactions form Select account

Robert Mari
When selecting accounts from:
File-> Import -> Match Transactions form -> Select account
I find it tedious to always have to click on the arrow to expand the sub
accounts. It would be really nice if the Account Selection form from an
account transaction could be used instead. Unless there is a faster
keystroke method.

for instance when in an account if I type exp: it takes me to expenses, then
rep: takes me to expenses:repairs:  then h automatically takes me to
expenses:repairs:home

In the File Import Match Transactions form I have to double click, then I
can type exp to get to expenses but then I have to click with mouse on the
arrow (sometimes it takes a couple clicks) then click on rent to expand it
as well, then on home.

Re: [GNC] File, Import transactions, Match Transactions form Select account

David Carlson-4
Robert,

It makes a difference which type of file you are importing and whether you
are using one of the 2.6.x releases or or a 3.x release and possibly which
operating system your computer has.  Your comment makes a good point but it
may or may not have been addressed already.

David C

On Sat, Jun 9, 2018 at 1:08 AM, Robert Mari <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When selecting accounts from:
> File-> Import -> Match Transactions form -> Select account
> I find it tedious to always have to click on the arrow to expand the sub
> accounts. It would be really nice if the Account Selection form from an
> account transaction could be used instead. Unless there is a faster
> keystroke method.
>
> for instance when in an account if I type exp: it takes me to expenses,
> then
> rep: takes me to expenses:repairs:  then h automatically takes me to
> expenses:repairs:home
>
> In the File Import Match Transactions form I have to double click, then I
> can type exp to get to expenses but then I have to click with mouse on the
> arrow (sometimes it takes a couple clicks) then click on rent to expand it
> as well, then on home.

Re: [GNC] File, Import transactions, Match Transactions form Select account

Robert Mari
Thanks for your response. I am using:
GNUCash Version: 3.1
Build ID: 3.0-118-gd2ef5fd0f+ (2018-04-28)

On Windows.

Re: [GNC] File, Import transactions, Match Transactions form Select account

stevecoh2@gmail.com
I'm using 3.0 on Ubuntu 18.04.  I endorse this suggestion.  This is
about the only thing I miss about Quicken.