[GNC] Delete and Backspace keys not working in Flatpak GnuCash

[GNC] Delete and Backspace keys not working in Flatpak GnuCash

LeonM
Hello,

I have been a long time users of GnuCash in Mint and I have just set up a
Mint 18.3 (64bits) in a VMWare VM hosted on Win8.1 to test the Flatpak
version of GnuCash (ver 3.2).

Missing OFX import facility in the past version is now working in 3.2.

But more alarmingly, when I went to edit the text in the transaction
journal, the Delete and Backspace keys do not work. I can select text and
Ctrl-X and Ctrl-V work.

Because of this, I have to revert back to my trusty GnuCash 2.6.12.

Any idea why this is so?

Leon

Re: [GNC] Delete and Backspace keys not working in Flatpak GnuCash

David Cousens
Leon,

I would check the archives on both the User and Dev forums  out for threads
on the flatpak implementation. There were some issues on providing
permissions to access the host computer devices etc. This could be related.

Re: [GNC] Delete and Backspace keys not working in Flatpak GnuCash

Colin Law
Pretty sure this was a bug in 3.2

Colin

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 at 06:16, LeonM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been a long time users of GnuCash in Mint and I have just set up a
> Mint 18.3 (64bits) in a VMWare VM hosted on Win8.1 to test the Flatpak
> version of GnuCash (ver 3.2).
>
> Missing OFX import facility in the past version is now working in 3.2.
>
> But more alarmingly, when I went to edit the text in the transaction
> journal, the Delete and Backspace keys do not work. I can select text and
> Ctrl-X and Ctrl-V work.
>
> Because of this, I have to revert back to my trusty GnuCash 2.6.12.
>
> Any idea why this is so?
>
> Leon

Re: [GNC] Delete and Backspace keys not working in Flatpak GnuCash

There was a similar bug (or bugs) on this issue that was fixed in 3.4.

I’ve been using it since its release and I no longer have issues with backspace or delete.

Give it a try if you can.