[GNC] Chromebooks

123

[GNC] Chromebooks

randix
Did a search, didn't find much, and it was a while ago.

No options re running gnucash [portable] on Chromebooks?

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

Robert Heller
Chrome == Linux + Google's GUI layer.

At Sat, 6 Oct 2018 13:53:42 -0500 (CDT) randix <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did a search, didn't find much, and it was a while ago.
>
> No options re running gnucash [portable] on Chromebooks?

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933

Robert Heller                      -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Download the Model Railroad System
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Binaries for Linux and MS-Windows
heller@deepsoft.com        -- http://www.deepsoft.com/ModelRailroadSystem/

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

randix
Thanks, Robert. I lost my laptop this morning, and already going through
withdrawal without GnuCash (I do have backups galore, but backups without a
program to run them is like a hot fudge sundae without the ice cream). Have
an available chromebook to use but didn't/don't have a clue what to do with
it, re gnucash.  Re your post, "Linux + Google's GUI layer" I'm in the
dark...can you send me someplace so I can understand and implement?

Thanks.

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

Robert Heller
At Sat, 6 Oct 2018 14:08:00 -0500 (CDT) randix <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, Robert. I lost my laptop this morning, and already going through
> withdrawal without GnuCash (I do have backups galore, but backups without a
> program to run them is like a hot fudge sundae without the ice cream). Have
> an available chromebook to use but didn't/don't have a clue what to do with
> it, re gnucash.  Re your post, "Linux + Google's GUI layer" I'm in the
> dark...can you send me someplace so I can understand and implement?

A chromebook runs ChromOS.  ChromOS is a version of Linux, with Google's GUI
frontend.  I *believe* a Linux build of GnuCash should run under ChromOS.
What I don't know is how one would install GnuCash on a chromebook.  I run an
older version of CentOS (6) and GnuCash 2.4.15 is in the epel repo, so it is
trivial to install with the package manager (yum/rpm).  I don't know how extra
/ third party software is installed under ChromOS.  I don't know if there is a
prebuilt binary for ChromOS.  There are binaries in repos for many other
Linux distros.  If it is possible to install the build infrastructure
(compilers, libraries, etc.) for ChromOS, it should be possible to build from
source.

> Thanks.

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933

Robert Heller                      -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Download the Model Railroad System
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Binaries for Linux and MS-Windows
heller@deepsoft.com        -- http://www.deepsoft.com/ModelRailroadSystem/

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

> On Oct 6, 2018, at 12:08 PM, randix <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Robert. I lost my laptop this morning, and already going through
> withdrawal without GnuCash (I do have backups galore, but backups without a
> program to run them is like a hot fudge sundae without the ice cream). Have
> an available chromebook to use but didn't/don't have a clue what to do with
> it, re gnucash.  Re your post, "Linux + Google's GUI layer" I'm in the
> dark...can you send me someplace so I can understand and implement?
>
> Thanks.

It’s not quite correct. Chrome OS started off as a fork of Linux with the Chrome browser as its GUI, but it’s grown a bit. See  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrome_OS <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrome_OS>.

If you search the web for “gnome on chrome os” you’ll get a number of sites that purport to facilitate running Linux applications. AFAIK no one here has tested any of them, and some may require developer skills. Good luck.

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

randix
So I'm not feelin' real warm and fuzzy at the moment, notwithstanding that I
lost my laptop earlier today

So I can't get Gnucash on a Chromebook

So I can't get Gnucash Portable to work on a Chromebook

If I want to "rely" on the GnuCash app (which I realize has zippo to do with
the the "authentic" GnuCash), I have the challenge since I currently have no
access to GnuCash, to export my account structure to that app unless I spend
oodles of hours re-creating it, and I wonder even if I somehow did, how that
app would accommodate the tons of data that I have in my backup GnuCash
files (I know, I know, that's not a topic for this site).

Sorta feelin' like what it must feel like when a nut laughs at a screw

Bartender?

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

Adrien Monteleone-2
Do a search for “run linux apps on chromebook” and you’ll get a page of hits, all from this year, the first 5 or so from the last 6 weeks showing you how to install linux apps on a Chromebook.

If you end up with a situation where you need to build first and can’t use a PPA or otherwise download a .deb file, you could first install Virtualbox, install a linux distro (and just use that to run GnuCash) then build the app as a .deb, share it back to ChromeOS and install.

You might have quite a few hoops, but it should be possible.

> On Oct 6, 2018, at 3:49 PM, randix <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> So I'm not feelin' real warm and fuzzy at the moment, notwithstanding that I
> lost my laptop earlier today
>
> So I can't get Gnucash on a Chromebook
>
> So I can't get Gnucash Portable to work on a Chromebook
>
> If I want to "rely" on the GnuCash app (which I realize has zippo to do with
> the the "authentic" GnuCash), I have the challenge since I currently have no
> access to GnuCash, to export my account structure to that app unless I spend
> oodles of hours re-creating it, and I wonder even if I somehow did, how that
> app would accommodate the tons of data that I have in my backup GnuCash
> files (I know, I know, that's not a topic for this site).
>
> Sorta feelin' like what it must feel like when a nut laughs at a screw
>
> Bartender?

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

Adrien Monteleone-2
This link gives some info on flatpaks as well: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/08/19/install-linux-applications-chrome-os/

Note, ChromeOS is using the Debian9 Stretch repos, so if you just use apt-get you won’t get the latest GnuCash version.

You’ll either need a .deb from a PPA (or build it yourself) or try the flatpak. (not sure if Geert has started packaging this yet for 3.3)

> On Oct 6, 2018, at 3:55 PM, Adrien Monteleone <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Do a search for “run linux apps on chromebook” and you’ll get a page of hits, all from this year, the first 5 or so from the last 6 weeks showing you how to install linux apps on a Chromebook.
>
> If you end up with a situation where you need to build first and can’t use a PPA or otherwise download a .deb file, you could first install Virtualbox, install a linux distro (and just use that to run GnuCash) then build the app as a .deb, share it back to ChromeOS and install.
>
> You might have quite a few hoops, but it should be possible.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
>> On Oct 6, 2018, at 3:49 PM, randix <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> So I'm not feelin' real warm and fuzzy at the moment, notwithstanding that I
>> lost my laptop earlier today
>>
>> So I can't get Gnucash on a Chromebook
>>
>> So I can't get Gnucash Portable to work on a Chromebook
>>
>> If I want to "rely" on the GnuCash app (which I realize has zippo to do with
>> the the "authentic" GnuCash), I have the challenge since I currently have no
>> access to GnuCash, to export my account structure to that app unless I spend
>> oodles of hours re-creating it, and I wonder even if I somehow did, how that
>> app would accommodate the tons of data that I have in my backup GnuCash
>> files (I know, I know, that's not a topic for this site).
>>
>> Sorta feelin' like what it must feel like when a nut laughs at a screw
>>
>> Bartender?
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-User-f1415819.html

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

Jim Passmore
I can heartily endorse crouton (https://github.com/dnschneid/crouton)  as a
way to install Linux on a chromebook.  I did it for a couple years, and
Ubuntu ran beautifully, but there will of course be a dependency on how
powerful it is.   I had an Acer C720 with 4GB RAM, 32GB SSD, and an Intel
I3, where many Chromebooks of that era had 2GB RAM, 16GB SSD, and a Celeron.

You will have to use developer mode, and enabling that does a power-wash on
the chromebook, but other than being careful not to lose any files, it's
pretty easy.  I would definitely give it a try if I were you.

--

*Jim*

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 4:50 PM randix <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So I'm not feelin' real warm and fuzzy at the moment, notwithstanding that
> lost my laptop earlier today
>
> So I can't get Gnucash on a Chromebook
>
> So I can't get Gnucash Portable to work on a Chromebook
>
> If I want to "rely" on the GnuCash app (which I realize has zippo to do
> with
> the the "authentic" GnuCash), I have the challenge since I currently have
> no
> access to GnuCash, to export my account structure to that app unless I
> spend
> oodles of hours re-creating it, and I wonder even if I somehow did, how
> that
> app would accommodate the tons of data that I have in my backup GnuCash
> files (I know, I know, that's not a topic for this site).
>
> Sorta feelin' like what it must feel like when a nut laughs at a screw
>
> Bartender?

GWB

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

GWB
You might be able to gun gnucash on a chromebook using Google Play
Store.  Here's a list of ChromeOS Hardware Google says will work with
Google Play:

https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/chromium-os/chrome-os-systems-supporting-android-apps

I know it can work because I'm looking at GnuCash 2.4.0 right now on
my LG V20.  It opens my gnucash file from my ubuntu 14 laptop (gnucash
version 2.6.7).  So it does recognize and open the gnucash file from
my laptop.  I think it even opened the sqlite .gnucash file, and saved
it as an .xml.  But I can't swear to that.

I have not tried data entry on the android phone.  My guess is that
data entry on a Chromebook might be something like dancing around a
dumpster fire, but it might be better than that.  I would try to
download gnucash from the Google Play Store (if your chromebook lets
you) and try to open your most recent backup file.  You might have to
send it as an email attachment to yourself, and use the browser on the
Chromebook to save it to the device.

Your obsessive backup compulsion is a good thing, a very good thing.
I celebrate that disease myself.  Chromebooks are a little awkward
outside of their principal intended use (web browsing maybe?  I can't
tell), but they can work.

Very sorry you lost your laptop.  That really hoovers.  Worse things
can happen (like dropping the keys to your Saab in Lake Superior), but
just the aggravation of replacing the machine and software is very
time consuming.

Does anyone on the list know of a virtual machine over internet set up
that could run gnucash?  Amazon and Google clouds say they can do
something like that, but it would involve some kind of (X)windows
client over internet.

Gordon

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 4:04 PM Adrien Monteleone
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> This link gives some info on flatpaks as well: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/08/19/install-linux-applications-chrome-os/
>
> Note, ChromeOS is using the Debian9 Stretch repos, so if you just use apt-get you won’t get the latest GnuCash version.
>
> You’ll either need a .deb from a PPA (or build it yourself) or try the flatpak. (not sure if Geert has started packaging this yet for 3.3)
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> > On Oct 6, 2018, at 3:55 PM, Adrien Monteleone <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Do a search for “run linux apps on chromebook” and you’ll get a page of hits, all from this year, the first 5 or so from the last 6 weeks showing you how to install linux apps on a Chromebook.
> >
> > If you end up with a situation where you need to build first and can’t use a PPA or otherwise download a .deb file, you could first install Virtualbox, install a linux distro (and just use that to run GnuCash) then build the app as a .deb, share it back to ChromeOS and install.
> >
> > You might have quite a few hoops, but it should be possible.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien
> >
> >> On Oct 6, 2018, at 3:49 PM, randix <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> So I'm not feelin' real warm and fuzzy at the moment, notwithstanding that I
> >> lost my laptop earlier today
> >>
> >> So I can't get Gnucash on a Chromebook
> >>
> >> So I can't get Gnucash Portable to work on a Chromebook
> >>
> >> If I want to "rely" on the GnuCash app (which I realize has zippo to do with
> >> the the "authentic" GnuCash), I have the challenge since I currently have no
> >> access to GnuCash, to export my account structure to that app unless I spend
> >> oodles of hours re-creating it, and I wonder even if I somehow did, how that
> >> app would accommodate the tons of data that I have in my backup GnuCash
> >> files (I know, I know, that's not a topic for this site).
> >>
> >> Sorta feelin' like what it must feel like when a nut laughs at a screw
> >>
> >> Bartender?
> >>

> >> --
> >> Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-User-f1415819.html

GWB

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

GWB
Wow; that's excellent.  The Crouton page also mentions Crostini:

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/docs/+/master/containers_and_vms.md

Which does not require running with dev enabled.

Pixelbooks work with Crostini.  Here's the hardware list by motherboard:

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/docs/+/master/containers_and_vms.md#Supported-Now

So three options at least: Crostini, Crouton, or Google Play Store.

Gordon
On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 4:56 PM Jim Passmore <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can heartily endorse crouton (https://github.com/dnschneid/crouton)  as a
> way to install Linux on a chromebook.  I did it for a couple years, and
> Ubuntu ran beautifully, but there will of course be a dependency on how
> powerful it is.   I had an Acer C720 with 4GB RAM, 32GB SSD, and an Intel
> I3, where many Chromebooks of that era had 2GB RAM, 16GB SSD, and a Celeron.
>
> You will have to use developer mode, and enabling that does a power-wash on
> the chromebook, but other than being careful not to lose any files, it's
> pretty easy.  I would definitely give it a try if I were you.
>
> --
>
> *Jim*
>

> On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 4:50 PM randix <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > So I'm not feelin' real warm and fuzzy at the moment, notwithstanding that
> > lost my laptop earlier today
> >
> > So I can't get Gnucash on a Chromebook
> >
> > So I can't get Gnucash Portable to work on a Chromebook
> >
> > If I want to "rely" on the GnuCash app (which I realize has zippo to do
> > with
> > the the "authentic" GnuCash), I have the challenge since I currently have
> > no
> > access to GnuCash, to export my account structure to that app unless I
> > spend
> > oodles of hours re-creating it, and I wonder even if I somehow did, how
> > that
> > app would accommodate the tons of data that I have in my backup GnuCash
> > files (I know, I know, that's not a topic for this site).
> >
> > Sorta feelin' like what it must feel like when a nut laughs at a screw
> >
> > Bartender?
> >

> > --
> > Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-User-f1415819.html
> > https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

randix
Not quite understanding why Google Play is entering the thread. Correct me if
I'm wrong (won't be the first time), but there is NO "app" for the "real"
GnuCash.  There is an app that has been causing enormous confusion for ages
called GnuCash, but it's NOT GnuCash. The folks behind the app, are not the
same folks behind the "true" GnuCash that is full featured and which I've
enjoyed for years since fleeing Quicken.  Feel feel to correct me if I'm
wrong, but that's always my understanding.

I know for a fact that the GnuCash APP works on chromebook, cause it was the
first thing I tried to install. But knowing that it's not really "GnuCash",
and not having a clue since I no longer have access to the "real" GnuCash
how I would export my chart of accounts to it, and not having any clue how
to get all the years of data into that app, I'm gun shy.

Color me clueless, which I freely plead guilty to...

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

Adrien Monteleone-2
Is that the GnuCash for Android you are referring to? That might be what you are seeing. And no, it is not GnuCash, it is an outside project people can use to record their activity on their phone and then later import into GnuCash proper.

> On Oct 6, 2018, at 5:21 PM, randix <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Not quite understanding why Google Play is entering the thread. Correct me if
> I'm wrong (won't be the first time), but there is NO "app" for the "real"
> GnuCash.  There is an app that has been causing enormous confusion for ages
> called GnuCash, but it's NOT GnuCash. The folks behind the app, are not the
> same folks behind the "true" GnuCash that is full featured and which I've
> enjoyed for years since fleeing Quicken.  Feel feel to correct me if I'm
> wrong, but that's always my understanding.
>
> I know for a fact that the GnuCash APP works on chromebook, cause it was the
> first thing I tried to install. But knowing that it's not really "GnuCash",
> and not having a clue since I no longer have access to the "real" GnuCash
> how I would export my chart of accounts to it, and not having any clue how
> to get all the years of data into that app, I'm gun shy.
>
> Color me clueless, which I freely plead guilty to...

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

Yes,

No need for a vm at all unlike what I thought at first.

If you have ChromeOS 69 or better you can enable a beta feature called Crostini that will run linux apps in their own containers. The apps can be installed from CLI using apt-get. It’s tied to the Debian 9 Stretch repository.

I don’t know of any info on adding PPA’s.

As noted in another reply, if you can find a 3.3 .deb file, you can easily install that, or use the flatpak.

A worst case scenario would involve a vm to build a .deb to install from.

However, I’d bet that if you enable Crostini, you can probably pull in all the build tools you need, grab the tarball and build directly. The instructions would probably follow the wiki’s Build on Linux recipe.

If I had the hardware, I test it myself.

> On Oct 6, 2018, at 5:05 PM, GWB <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Wow; that's excellent.  The Crouton page also mentions Crostini:
>
> https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/docs/+/master/containers_and_vms.md
>
> Which does not require running with dev enabled.
>
> Pixelbooks work with Crostini.  Here's the hardware list by motherboard:
>
> https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/docs/+/master/containers_and_vms.md#Supported-Now
>
> So three options at least: Crostini, Crouton, or Google Play Store.
>
> Gordon
> On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 4:56 PM Jim Passmore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I can heartily endorse crouton (https://github.com/dnschneid/crouton)  as a
>> way to install Linux on a chromebook.  I did it for a couple years, and
>> Ubuntu ran beautifully, but there will of course be a dependency on how
>> powerful it is.   I had an Acer C720 with 4GB RAM, 32GB SSD, and an Intel
>> I3, where many Chromebooks of that era had 2GB RAM, 16GB SSD, and a Celeron.
>>
>> You will have to use developer mode, and enabling that does a power-wash on
>> the chromebook, but other than being careful not to lose any files, it's
>> pretty easy.  I would definitely give it a try if I were you.
>>
>> --
>>
>> *Jim*
>>

>> On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 4:50 PM randix <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> So I'm not feelin' real warm and fuzzy at the moment, notwithstanding that
>>> lost my laptop earlier today
>>>
>>> So I can't get Gnucash on a Chromebook
>>>
>>> So I can't get Gnucash Portable to work on a Chromebook
>>>
>>> If I want to "rely" on the GnuCash app (which I realize has zippo to do
>>> with
>>> the the "authentic" GnuCash), I have the challenge since I currently have
>>> no
>>> access to GnuCash, to export my account structure to that app unless I
>>> spend
>>> oodles of hours re-creating it, and I wonder even if I somehow did, how
>>> that
>>> app would accommodate the tons of data that I have in my backup GnuCash
>>> files (I know, I know, that's not a topic for this site).
>>>
>>> Sorta feelin' like what it must feel like when a nut laughs at a screw
>>>
>>> Bartender?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-User-f1415819.html
>>> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
>>> -----

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

randix
Since I know absolutely nothing about Linux, any comment about whether the
following guide for installing it on a chromebook is still accurate and one
I should follow, in order to install the Linux version of GnuCash?

https://www.howtogeek.com/162120/how-to-install-ubuntu-linux-on-your-chromebook-with-crouton/
<https://www.howtogeek.com/162120/how-to-install-ubuntu-linux-on-your-chromebook-with-crouton/>

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

Adrien Monteleone-2
From what I’ve read elsewhere, this isn’t necessary. You can install GnuCash directly as other replies in this thread have noted. But you first have to turn on Crostini. (available in ChromeOS 69 and above)

> On Oct 7, 2018, at 12:43 AM, randix <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Since I know absolutely nothing about Linux, any comment about whether the
> following guide for installing it on a chromebook is still accurate and one
> I should follow, in order to install the Linux version of GnuCash?
>
> https://www.howtogeek.com/162120/how-to-install-ubuntu-linux-on-your-chromebook-with-crouton/
> <https://www.howtogeek.com/162120/how-to-install-ubuntu-linux-on-your-chromebook-with-crouton/>

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

randix
Ok, I think I'm getting closer... after some more research and exploring...

1. I have the latest Google Pixel Chromebook which does support the Linux
option

2. With the help of the following recent article (different from what I
posted earlier), it was quite simple to turn the Linux option ON.

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-install-linux-apps-your-chromebook
<https://www.androidcentral.com/how-install-linux-apps-your-chromebook>

3. If you refer to the article, I've now reached the point where it says
"Download and Install an application"

*4. I went to www.gnucash.org and under "Download GnuCash 3.3" it lists
Linux and gives 2 options from which to download, "Source" and "via
distribution". I chose "source" and it downloaded, gnucash-docs-3.3.tar.gz.

4a. [QUESTION] Is that the right file for me to download?

4b. [QUESTION] The final instructions from the article in #5 below are very
clear, but how do I extract/decompress the downloaded file in "4a." above on
my Chromebook, and will it create one file with a "deb" extension?*

5. These are the article instructions for the remaining steps:

/Once the installation file is downloaded, open the File browser.
Click Downloads.
Copy and paste the .deb installation file to the Linux files folder.

Click Linux files
Right click or two finger tap on the trackpad while your pointer hovers over
the file name.
Click Install with Linux (Beta).
The program will install, and when it's done, you can open it from the app
drawer. That's it!/

Thanks for your assistance, again...

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

randix
Ok, so I downloaded an app that decompresses on a chromebook the tar.bz file
I downloaded, but there's a long list of files and none of them end in
".deb" which I understand is the Linux installation file, so obviously (?) I
downloaded the wrong one... can you point me to what I should have
downloaded?

---------------
Archive successfully extracted
Click on a file to download it.

gnucash-3.3.tar.bz2
gnucash-3.3
bindings
python
CMakeLists.txt
borrowed
goffice
guile-json
gwengui-gtk3
jenny
libc
CMakeLists.txt
README
cmake
CMakeLists.txt
cmake_uninstall.cmake.in
README_CMAKE.txt
common
cmake_modules
debug
test-core
base-typemaps.i
CMakeLists.txt
config.h.cmake.in
gnc-test-env.pl
guile-mappings.h
platform.h
swig-runtime.h
data
accounts
checks
pixmaps
CMakeLists.txt
doc
examples
build-aix.txt
build-solaris.txt
CMakeLists.txt
gnc-fq-dump.1
gnc-fq-helper.1
gnucash.1
gnucash.1.in
gtk-3.0.css
guile-hackers.txt
misc-notes.txt
projects.html
README-ca.win32-bin.txt
README-de.win32-bin.txt
README.francais
README-fr.win32-bin.txt
README.german
README.HBCI
README-it.win32-bin.txt
README-lv.win32-bin.txt
README-nl.win32-bin.txt
README.OFX
README.translator.txt
README.win32-bin.txt
README-zh_CN.win32-bin.txt
README-zh_TW.win32-bin.txt
tip_of_the_day.list.c
TRANSLATION_HOWTO
gnucash
gnome
gnome-search
gnome-utils
gschemas
gtkbuilder
html
import-export
python
register
report
ui
CMakeLists.txt
environment.in
generate-gnc-script
gnucash-310.css
gnucash-320.css
gnucash-bin.c
gnucash-fallback-310.css
gnucash-gresources.xml
gnucash.rc.in
gnucash-valgrind.in
libgnucash
app-utils
backend
core-utils
doc
engine
gnc-module
quotes
scm
tax
CMakeLists.txt
po
glossary
ar.po
as.po
az.po
bg.po
brx.po
ca.po
ChangeLog
CMakeLists.txt
cs.po
da.po
de.po
doi.po
el.po
en_GB.po
es_NI.po
es.po
eu.po
fa.po
fi.po
fr.po
gnucash.pot
gnucash-pot.cmake
gu.po
he.po
hi.po
hu.po
it.po
ja.po
kn.po
[hidden email]
kok.po
ko.po
ks.po
lt.po
lv.po
mai.po
Makevars
[hidden email]
mni.po
mr.po
nb.po
ne.po
nl.po
pl.po
POTFILES.in
POTFILES.skip
pt_BR.po
pt.po
README
ro.po
ru.po
rw.po
sk.po
sr.po
sv.po
ta.po
te.po
tr.po
uk.po
ur.po
vi.po
zh_CN.po
zh_TW.po
test-templates
CMakeLists.txt
Makefile.decl
util
CMakeLists.txt
elegant-sort.pl
gnc-vcs-info
guile.c
AUTHORS
ChangeLog
ChangeLog.1999
ChangeLog.2000
ChangeLog.2001
ChangeLog.2002
ChangeLog.2003
ChangeLog.2004
ChangeLog.2005
ChangeLog.2006
ChangeLog.2007
ChangeLog.2008
ChangeLog.2009
ChangeLog.2010
ChangeLog.2011
ChangeLog.2012
ChangeLog.2013
ChangeLog.2014
ChangeLog.2015
ChangeLog.2016
ChangeLog.2017
CMakeLists.txt
DOCUMENTERS
HACKING
LICENSE
NEWS
README
README.dependencies

[GNC] Build of GitHub Clone Fails

Roger Miskowicz
This worked for initial build of v3.3 but today when trying to build from
lates clone the build fails at:

[ 60%] Building C object
gnucash/html/CMakeFiles/gncmod-html.dir/gnc-html-webkit2.c.o
In file included from /usr/include/webkitgtk-4.0/webkit2/webkit2.h:54:0,
                 from
/media/Projects/Gnucash/gnucash/gnucash/html/gnc-html-webkit2.c:49:
/usr/include/webkitgtk-4.0/webkit2/WebKitJavascriptResult.h:28:10: fatal
error: jsc/jsc.h: No such file or directory
 #include <jsc/jsc.h>

I tried reinstalling webkitgtk-4.0 but still no luck.  Although this may
not be a gnucash problem specifically I am wondering if anyone can suggest
a solution so that I can complete the latest build?

Re: [GNC] Chromebooks

Colin Law
You have downloaded the source files, to build the software from source is
not a trivial task.  Do you definitely need 3.3?  If not then try selecting
the Distribution Version and see what that gives you.

Colin

123