[GNC] Checking for dependencies

Dennis Powless-2
I have GC 3.1 installed on 18.04 LTS, want to  upgrade to 3.4.....

I was trying to see if any dependencies have changed.... so I went to the
page here and typed this in terminal.

You can check whether the required libraries and/or headers are already
installed by listing the installed packages. Run:

dpkg -l | grep <package-name>

dpkg -l | grep gnucash-3.4

nothing happened, so, do I assume I have the correct dependencies?  I
see a chart that mentions the dependencies for 3.1, not 3.4.

Dennis

Re: [GNC] Checking for dependencies

Colin Law
As far as I know gnucash 3.4 iis not available from the Ubuntu
repository for 18.04 (it is for 18.10).  However packages have been
built for 18.04 by Stephen Butler, an extract from is post is:

Here are the three debian files for 3.4 (as released):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fV_fURy6c77e7gf6S41lTacM7dFyy7VD

And here are the three for 3.4-45:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v-AWCWxbETqsXsmQ7jYX8wurL6HKASBF

Download the three files to an empty folder (at least one empty of other
*.deb files) and issue this command (note the leading './' on the file
names):

sudo apt install ./*gnucash*.deb

Colin

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 at 15:46, Dennis Powless <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have GC 3.1 installed on 18.04 LTS, want to  upgrade to 3.4.....
>
> I was trying to see if any dependencies have changed.... so I went to the
> page here and typed this in terminal.
>

> You can check whether the required libraries and/or headers are already
> installed by listing the installed packages. Run:
>
> dpkg -l | grep <package-name>
>
> dpkg -l | grep gnucash-3.4
>
> nothing happened, so, do I assume I have the correct dependencies?  I
> see a chart that mentions the dependencies for 3.1, not 3.4.
>
> Dennis

Re: [GNC] Checking for dependencies

Dennis

As far as i know no dependencies have changed between 3.1 and 3.4. The
dependencies listed on the wiki should work as I complied them from a build
of 3.2 and I didn't have to chnge anything to build 3.4 that I remember.  If
there are any major incompatibilities when you run cmake it will stop if
anything it needs isn't present and output an error message in any case.