[GNC] Change text color

1234 ... 9

[GNC] Change text color

GT-I9070 H
I use GnuCash v3.2 with Adwaita dark theme.

The white color of the text on the accounts page is conflicting with the
colors of my accounts so I have to disable Preferences>Accounts>Show the
color of the account as the background color.

I did some research and got a nice effect on the records pages and tabs,
but I did not get anything that worked on the accounts page.

Is there anyway I can change the text color of the Accounts page?

Thank you in advance
GTI

Re: [GNC] Change text color

Adrien Monteleone-2
Look into using the GTK Inspector.

See this: https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3

and this: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK%2B/Inspector

From that tool you should be able to find the selector(s) for text on that tab.

When you find out, please report back to help others looking to do the same. (myself included)

> On Jul 21, 2018, at 10:07 PM, GT-I9070 H <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I use GnuCash v3.2 with Adwaita dark theme.
>
> The white color of the text on the accounts page is conflicting with the
> colors of my accounts so I have to disable Preferences>Accounts>Show the
> color of the account as the background color.
>
> I did some research and got a nice effect on the records pages and tabs,
> but I did not get anything that worked on the accounts page.
>
> Is there anyway I can change the text color of the Accounts page?
>
> Thank you in advance
> GTI

Re: [GNC] Change text color

GT-I9070 H
Hi  Adrien,
Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention that I'm on Windows 10.
I had already looked here https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3 and found
nothing to change the text color of the accounts page.

The phrase "*To enable it run in a terminal* :" here
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK%2B/Inspector does not clarify which
terminal and suggests that Inspector does not run on Windows.
Windows can't interpret these commands.

This

[Settings]
gtk-font-name=Arial 14

in my settings.ini file changes the font size.

I guess I need something like:

[Settings]
gtk-font-name=Arial 14
gtk-font-color=????

to change the text color.
I've made some unsuccessful attempts.

I'll keep trying.

Regards
GTI

Em qui, 26 de jul de 2018 às 04:04, Adrien Monteleone <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Look into using the GTK Inspector.
>
> See this: https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3
>
> and this: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK%2B/Inspector
>
> From that tool you should be able to find the selector(s) for text on that
> tab.
>
> When you find out, please report back to help others looking to do the
> same. (myself included)
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> > On Jul 21, 2018, at 10:07 PM, GT-I9070 H <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I use GnuCash v3.2 with Adwaita dark theme.
> >
> > The white color of the text on the accounts page is conflicting with the
> > colors of my accounts so I have to disable Preferences>Accounts>Show the
> > color of the account as the background color.
> >
> > I did some research and got a nice effect on the records pages and tabs,
> > but I did not get anything that worked on the accounts page.
> >
> > Is there anyway I can change the text color of the Accounts page?
> >
> > Thank you in advance
> > GTI

Re: [GNC] Change text color

Adrien Monteleone-2
The inspector is for *nix and is part of GTK. I looked around to see if it will run on windows (since GTK itself can run on windows) but have come up dry so far. My own dabbling with the inspector is on the backburner, but I’ll post my findings here and on the wiki when I get to it.

As for the color, you need a color name, a reference to a system color, or a color code. (which may be hex or rgb, rgba) Color names are either the HTML ‘websafe’ color names, or pre-defined gtk-color names.

See this page here and scroll down to the color section for exact specifications: https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/chap-css-overview.html

So if you wanted text in steel blue, you could use either:

gtk-font-color=SteelBlue

or

gtk-font-color=#4682b4

assuming ‘gtk-font-color’ is the correct property.

> On Jul 26, 2018, at 10:53 AM, GT-I9070 H <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi  Adrien,
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I forgot to mention that I'm on Windows 10.
> I had already looked here https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3 and found nothing to change the text color of the accounts page.
>
> The phrase "To enable it run in a terminal :" here  https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK%2B/Inspector does not clarify which terminal and suggests that Inspector does not run on Windows.
> Windows can't interpret these commands.
>
> This
>
> [Settings]
> gtk-font-name=Arial 14
>
> in my settings.ini file changes the font size.
>
> I guess I need something like:
>
> [Settings]
> gtk-font-name=Arial 14
> gtk-font-color=????
>
> to change the text color.
> I've made some unsuccessful attempts.
>
> I'll keep trying.
>
> Regards
> GTI
>

> Em qui, 26 de jul de 2018 às 04:04, Adrien Monteleone <[hidden email]> escreveu:
> Look into using the GTK Inspector.
>
> See this: https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3
>
> and this: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK%2B/Inspector
>
> From that tool you should be able to find the selector(s) for text on that tab.
>
> When you find out, please report back to help others looking to do the same. (myself included)
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> > On Jul 21, 2018, at 10:07 PM, GT-I9070 H <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I use GnuCash v3.2 with Adwaita dark theme.
> >
> > The white color of the text on the accounts page is conflicting with the
> > colors of my accounts so I have to disable Preferences>Accounts>Show the
> > color of the account as the background color.
> >
> > I did some research and got a nice effect on the records pages and tabs,
> > but I did not get anything that worked on the accounts page.
> >
> > Is there anyway I can change the text color of the Accounts page?
> >
> > Thank you in advance
> > GTI

Re: [GNC] Change text color

GT-I9070 H
About the Inspector, my deductions are confirmed! 😜 ;)

The question marks led you to think that my doubt was in what went after
the equal sign of the expression "gtk-font-color = ????".
Thank you. Good clarifications about color names, but I have already
studied this on
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/chap-css-overview.html and other
sites and in this part there are no problems.

Well ... deductions are more of our abilities and for me there is a great
deal of success.

Then ... the expression "gtk-font-color = ????" is one more of my
deductions, was invented by me, I have never seen this written elsewhere
and this is the problem.
What is the correct expression for .ini file and/or .css file?

I did several searches and testing and did not get anything that worked,
including with the expression: gtk-font-color=color name

Regards
GTI

Em qui, 26 de jul de 2018 às 14:00, Adrien Monteleone <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

> [...]
> same. (myself included)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien
> >
> > > On Jul 21, 2018, at 10:07 PM, GT-I9070 H <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I use GnuCash v3.2 with Adwaita dark theme.
> > >
> > > The white color of the text on the accounts page is conflicting with
> the
> > > colors of my accounts so I have to disable Preferences>Accounts>Show
> the
> > > color of the account as the background color.
> > >
> > > I did some research and got a nice effect on the records pages and
> tabs,
> > > but I did not get anything that worked on the accounts page.
> > >
> > > Is there anyway I can change the text color of the Accounts page?
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance
> > > GTI
> > > If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see

Re: [GNC] Change text color

Adrien Monteleone-2
Personally, I wouldn’t mess with .ini methods. I’d opt for a custom css file. Then the task is to find out the nodes in the app you want to change and set a “color: “ declaration for that node. It’s possible that the node of the main window or the CoA tab alone could get a color: declaration to change the font color across the board. (if you gleaned from reading the css-overview, every UI element—windows, controls, et cetera all have ’nodes’ that you can style according to your tastes. This is analogous to HTML elements.)

This is where the inspector comes in. Otherwise, do a list search as I recall someone making this or similar changes in the last two or three months. Perhaps one of the nodes they talk about is the one you want.

I just cleaned out my 2.6.x installation in Ubuntu 16.04 and will get around to building 3.2 or 3.3 likely tomorrow and then fire up the inspector to start checking things out. I’d like to document in the wiki and on git ALL of the UI nodes with screenshots. If you can wait a day or two, I’ll make the first discovery the CoA text nodes and report them back here.

> [...]
> >
> > See this: https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3
> >
> > and this: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK%2B/Inspector
> >
> > From that tool you should be able to find the selector(s) for text on that tab.
> >
> > When you find out, please report back to help others looking to do the same. (myself included)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien
> >
> > > On Jul 21, 2018, at 10:07 PM, GT-I9070 H <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I use GnuCash v3.2 with Adwaita dark theme.
> > >
> > > The white color of the text on the accounts page is conflicting with the
> > > colors of my accounts so I have to disable Preferences>Accounts>Show the
> > > color of the account as the background color.
> > >
> > > I did some research and got a nice effect on the records pages and tabs,
> > > but I did not get anything that worked on the accounts page.
> > >
> > > Is there anyway I can change the text color of the Accounts page?

Re: [GNC] Change text color

GT-I9070 H
One file for everything is better.

In my .ini file there is only one section and one line to change the text
size of the accounts page because it was the only method I found and
worked, the .css method for this fails. For everything else I use .css,
I've customized the registry with .css.

For tabs I already got change color and font.

I had already done searches on the list and I was not lucky.

Of course we can wait, without problems, meanwhile I'll keep trying.

Regards
GTI

Em qui, 26 de jul de 2018 às 18:20, Adrien Monteleone <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

> [...]
> > >
> > > to change the text color.
> > > I've made some unsuccessful attempts.
> > >
> > > I'll keep trying.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > GTI
> > >

> > > Em qui, 26 de jul de 2018 às 04:04, Adrien Monteleone <
> [hidden email]> escreveu:
> > > Look into using the GTK Inspector.
> > >
> > > See this: https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3
> > >
> > > and this: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK%2B/Inspector
> > >
> > > From that tool you should be able to find the selector(s) for text on
> that tab.
> > >
> > > When you find out, please report back to help others looking to do the
> same. (myself included)
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Adrien

> the
> the

> tabs,

> > > If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see

Re: [GNC] Change text color

Adrien Monteleone-2
This is proving to be more difficult than it probably should be. Unfortunately, there is very little documentation on using GtkInspector, and it seems the tool was designed for people who are doing the coding of the app and are ‘inyoursleep’ familiar with the GUI elements and objects used.

However, I’ve managed something that might be useful.

Try:

#account_tree {
  color: *your-color-here*;
}

This should change the base color of the text for the entire tree, including the column headers.

You can use other common css rules here such as background-color, font-family, font-size, letter-spacing, padding, etc.

The account names themselves (and their related text in sibling columns) are likely either class “label” or “GtkLabel” (depending on Gtk version, 3.20 is the former, 3.18 the latter) but specifying this class instead of the ID for the entire tree doesn’t seem to do anything. (I’m on 3.18 using Ubuntu 16.04, but I tried both with no result) You might have better luck. Ideally, I’d rather style classes than IDs, especially since in this case, the ID includes the column headers.

An additional complication is that the tree-view has identical nodes for pretty much everything under it and the inspector doesn’t seem to let me select any particular account label with any specificity or figure out which node in the tree is which one I’m looking at on screen. (I understand specificity for the web, but building a unique selector seems a little different in GTK) I can only select the entire tree at once.

The above might also pose an issue because a selected account would need different background and font colors. The inspector is supposed to show a ’selected’ node that might be useful here, but since I can't figure out which child GtkLabel belongs to what, I’m not seeing that particular ’selected’ node.  I’ll keep trying and poking around though.

Hope that helps.

> On Jul 26, 2018, at 7:27 PM, GT-I9070 H <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> One file for everything is better.
>
> In my .ini file there is only one section and one line to change the text size of the accounts page because it was the only method I found and worked, the .css method for this fails. For everything else I use .css, I've customized the registry with .css.
>
> For tabs I already got change color and font.
>
> I had already done searches on the list and I was not lucky.
>
> Of course we can wait, without problems, meanwhile I'll keep trying.
>

> Regards
> GTI

Re: [GNC] Change text color

Adrien Monteleone-2
Follow-up:

I’m not sure what was wrong the first time, but the following does work for all text on the CoA tab but does not change the header row:

#account_tree {
  color: *your-color-here*;
}

#account_tree:selected {
  color: *other-color-here*;
}

If there was a need to address the GtkLabels directly, that doesn’t seem possible. According to the spec, it should be to style the node by type, but it isn’t working. (at least in 3.18)

The class ‘label’ is also not working properly. It seems to only apply to toolbar button labels and the header row of the CoA table.

Using the GtkInspector, I added the label class to the GtkTreeViewAccountView widget and it worked properly though. So perhaps the code needs to somehow include this for it to work. (my reading of the Gtk-css reference doesn’t seem to make this clear, with the impression that one can specify a node or a label regardless)

There should probably be something on the wiki documenting this, as well as all the relevant selectors. (some are documented on Git as part of a sample css file) If I have page permissions I’ll start one, but if not I’ll have to file a wiki bug and wait for it to be created.

> On Jul 30, 2018, at 5:04 PM, Adrien Monteleone <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This is proving to be more difficult than it probably should be. Unfortunately, there is very little documentation on using GtkInspector, and it seems the tool was designed for people who are doing the coding of the app and are ‘inyoursleep’ familiar with the GUI elements and objects used.
>
> However, I’ve managed something that might be useful.
>
> Try:
>
> #account_tree {
>  color: *your-color-here*;
> }
>
> This should change the base color of the text for the entire tree, including the column headers.
>
> You can use other common css rules here such as background-color, font-family, font-size, letter-spacing, padding, etc.
>
> The account names themselves (and their related text in sibling columns) are likely either class “label” or “GtkLabel” (depending on Gtk version, 3.20 is the former, 3.18 the latter) but specifying this class instead of the ID for the entire tree doesn’t seem to do anything. (I’m on 3.18 using Ubuntu 16.04, but I tried both with no result) You might have better luck. Ideally, I’d rather style classes than IDs, especially since in this case, the ID includes the column headers.
>
> An additional complication is that the tree-view has identical nodes for pretty much everything under it and the inspector doesn’t seem to let me select any particular account label with any specificity or figure out which node in the tree is which one I’m looking at on screen. (I understand specificity for the web, but building a unique selector seems a little different in GTK) I can only select the entire tree at once.
>
> The above might also pose an issue because a selected account would need different background and font colors. The inspector is supposed to show a ’selected’ node that might be useful here, but since I can't figure out which child GtkLabel belongs to what, I’m not seeing that particular ’selected’ node.  I’ll keep trying and poking around though.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
>> On Jul 26, 2018, at 7:27 PM, GT-I9070 H <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> One file for everything is better.
>>
>> In my .ini file there is only one section and one line to change the text size of the accounts page because it was the only method I found and worked, the .css method for this fails. For everything else I use .css, I've customized the registry with .css.
>>
>> For tabs I already got change color and font.
>>
>> I had already done searches on the list and I was not lucky.
>>
>> Of course we can wait, without problems, meanwhile I'll keep trying.
>>

>> Regards
>> GTI

Re: [GNC] Change text color

John Ralls-2
Adrien,

There’s already https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3 <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3> with styling instructions. Let’s keep all of the styling stuff together there.

> [...]
>>
>> Hope that helps.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Adrien
>>
>>> On Jul 26, 2018, at 7:27 PM, GT-I9070 H <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> One file for everything is better.
>>>
>>> In my .ini file there is only one section and one line to change the text size of the accounts page because it was the only method I found and worked, the .css method for this fails. For everything else I use .css, I've customized the registry with .css.
>>>
>>> For tabs I already got change color and font.
>>>
>>> I had already done searches on the list and I was not lucky.
>>>
>>> Of course we can wait, without problems, meanwhile I'll keep trying.

Re: [GNC] Change text color

Adrien Monteleone-2
Certainly. I see there’s a section: Custom GnuCash Styles. That’s probably the place to put them. (the other sections deal with themes, printing and keybindings)

> [...]
>>>
>>> An additional complication is that the tree-view has identical nodes for pretty much everything under it and the inspector doesn’t seem to let me select any particular account label with any specificity or figure out which node in the tree is which one I’m looking at on screen. (I understand specificity for the web, but building a unique selector seems a little different in GTK) I can only select the entire tree at once.
>>>
>>> The above might also pose an issue because a selected account would need different background and font colors. The inspector is supposed to show a ’selected’ node that might be useful here, but since I can't figure out which child GtkLabel belongs to what, I’m not seeing that particular ’selected’ node.  I’ll keep trying and poking around though.

Re: [GNC] Change text color

GT-I9070 H
Thanks  Adrien ,

I'm with my smartphone bricked and I stopped Flash it to test GnuCash.

I tested this on Windos 10:

/* Account sheet font settings */
#account_tree {
  font-family: Arial;
  font-size: 15;
  color: blue;
  background-color: #1C2833;
  padding: 1px;
  letter-spacing: 5px;
}

#account_tree:selected {
  color: white;
}

/* Tab font color */
notebook tab label {
  color: blue;
}

and it worked the first time. I'm not sure if "font-family: Arial;" worked,
but I'm sure it did not block the .css.

Only "letter-spacing: 5px;" changed the column header.

Now we just need to customize the column header.

Regards
GTI

Em ter, 31 de jul de 2018 às 02:25, Adrien Monteleone <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

> [...]
> ’selected’ node that might be useful here, but since I can't figure out
> which child GtkLabel belongs to what, I’m not seeing that particular
> ’selected’ node.  I’ll keep trying and poking around though.
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien
> >
> >> On Jul 26, 2018, at 7:27 PM, GT-I9070 H <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> One file for everything is better.
> >>
> >> In my .ini file there is only one section and one line to change the
> text size of the accounts page because it was the only method I found and
> worked, the .css method for this fails. For everything else I use .css,
> I've customized the registry with .css.
> >>
> >> For tabs I already got change color and font.
> >>
> >> I had already done searches on the list and I was not lucky.
> >>
> >> Of course we can wait, without problems, meanwhile I'll keep trying.

Re: [GNC] Change text color

Adrien Monteleone-2
GTI,

You could test the font-family rule by changing it to something obviously different, like serif, monospaced, or say ‘Comic Sans’. (I suppose it’s useful at least for this) I just revamped my css from the old gtkrc method from 2.6.x and it picked up the font rules just fine.

I found the header selectors.

So here is the hierarchy:

GncTreeViewAccount (id=“account_tree”) > column-header > GtkButton (class=“button”) > GtkBox > GtkAlignment > GtkLabel (class=“label”)

GncTreeViewAccount affect the entire tab contents.
column-header affects the entire header.
GtkButton affects each section of the header.
GtkBox affects only the portion of the header cell that contains text and white space. (Does not include separators or margins)
GtkAlignment affects only the portion of GtkBox that contains actual text characters. (GtkBox minus padding)
GtkLabel is the text itself.

Thus if you want to style the entire header bar you could use:

#account_tree column-header

#account_tree column-header GtkButton/button will target only the first header. (you can use the :x-child pseudo selectors for the others)

#account_tree column-header .button targets all header buttons seems to have the same effect as if you hadn’t specified the class as in the first instance.

#account_tree column-header GtkLabel/label targets only the first header label. (same as button)

#account_tree column-header .label targets all header labels.

Note, ‘column-header’ for some reason doesn’t appear to be specifically necessary at least in gtk-3.18, but it’s probably a good idea to include it. It seems all of the accounts are also GtkButton nodes with GtkLabels, but they don’t seem to change on the declarations when I don’t include column-header for some reason. Perhaps this is a code issue as noted in a previous reply. Since this might change, I’d say it’s safer to specify buttons/labels as children of column-header for future durability.

Since including column-header is more specific, it shouldn’t matter the cascade order as it will take precedence over plain #account_tree rules.

> [...]
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien
> >
> >> On Jul 26, 2018, at 7:27 PM, GT-I9070 H <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> One file for everything is better.
> >>
> >> In my .ini file there is only one section and one line to change the text size of the accounts page because it was the only method I found and worked, the .css method for this fails. For everything else I use .css, I've customized the registry with .css.
> >>
> >> For tabs I already got change color and font.
> >>
> >> I had already done searches on the list and I was not lucky.
> >>
> >> Of course we can wait, without problems, meanwhile I'll keep trying.

Re: [GNC] Change text color

GT-I9070 H
I had already tested  "font-family: Arial;" better and this is working.

Continuing the tests . . .

Regards
GTI

Em ter, 31 de jul de 2018 às 14:38, Adrien Monteleone <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

> [...]
> which node in the tree is which one I’m looking at on screen. (I understand
> specificity for the web, but building a unique selector seems a little
> different in GTK) I can only select the entire tree at once.
> > >
> > > The above might also pose an issue because a selected account would
> need different background and font colors. The inspector is supposed to
> show a ’selected’ node that might be useful here, but since I can't figure
> out which child GtkLabel belongs to what, I’m not seeing that particular
> ’selected’ node.  I’ll keep trying and poking around though.
> > >
> > > Hope that helps.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Adrien

> text size of the accounts page because it was the only method I found and
> worked, the .css method for this fails. For everything else I use .css,

Re: [GNC] Change text color

GT-I9070 H
"border: 1px solid red;" also works.

[hidden email]> escreveu:

> [...]
> which node in the tree is which one I’m looking at on screen. (I understand
> specificity for the web, but building a unique selector seems a little
> different in GTK) I can only select the entire tree at once.
> > >
> > > The above might also pose an issue because a selected account would
> need different background and font colors. The inspector is supposed to
> show a ’selected’ node that might be useful here, but since I can't figure
> out which child GtkLabel belongs to what, I’m not seeing that particular
> ’selected’ node.  I’ll keep trying and poking around though.
> > >
> > > Hope that helps.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Adrien

> text size of the accounts page because it was the only method I found and
> worked, the .css method for this fails. For everything else I use .css,

Re: [GNC] Change text color

GT-I9070 H
Hi Adrien,

This does not work:

#account_tree column-header {
color: lime;
}

Am I writing something wrong?

[hidden email]> escreveu:

> [...]
> which node in the tree is which one I’m looking at on screen. (I understand
> specificity for the web, but building a unique selector seems a little
> different in GTK) I can only select the entire tree at once.
> > >
> > > The above might also pose an issue because a selected account would
> need different background and font colors. The inspector is supposed to
> show a ’selected’ node that might be useful here, but since I can't figure
> out which child GtkLabel belongs to what, I’m not seeing that particular
> ’selected’ node.  I’ll keep trying and poking around though.
> > >
> > > Hope that helps.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Adrien

> text size of the accounts page because it was the only method I found and
> worked, the .css method for this fails. For everything else I use .css,

Re: [GNC] Change text color

Adrien Monteleone-2
Hmm...

It was working using the GtkInspector, and with the css file Linux. But when I try similar selectors via css on MacOS (which I normally use) they don’t work at all. (just the header stuff that is) I’ll have to investigate more.

> [...]
> > >
> > > An additional complication is that the tree-view has identical nodes for pretty much everything under it and the inspector doesn’t seem to let me select any particular account label with any specificity or figure out which node in the tree is which one I’m looking at on screen. (I understand specificity for the web, but building a unique selector seems a little different in GTK) I can only select the entire tree at once.
> > >
> > > The above might also pose an issue because a selected account would need different background and font colors. The inspector is supposed to show a ’selected’ node that might be useful here, but since I can't figure out which child GtkLabel belongs to what, I’m not seeing that particular ’selected’ node.  I’ll keep trying and poking around though.

Re: [GNC] Change text color

GT-I9070 H
It would be interesting also to stylize the account sheet cursor.

Regards
GTI

Em ter, 31 de jul de 2018 às 16:02, Adrien Monteleone <
[hidden email]> escreveu:

> [...]
> for pretty much everything under it and the inspector doesn’t seem to let
> me select any particular account label with any specificity or figure out
> which node in the tree is which one I’m looking at on screen. (I understand
> specificity for the web, but building a unique selector seems a little
> different in GTK) I can only select the entire tree at once.

> need different background and font colors. The inspector is supposed to
> show a ’selected’ node that might be useful here, but since I can't figure
> out which child GtkLabel belongs to what, I’m not seeing that particular
> ’selected’ node.  I’ll keep trying and poking around though.

> the text size of the accounts page because it was the only method I found
> and worked, the .css method for this fails. For everything else I use .css,
> I've customized the registry with .css.

> > > If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see

Re: [GNC] Change text color

Adrien Monteleone-2
I think that has to be done in code.

> [...]
> > >
> > > The class ‘label’ is also not working properly. It seems to only apply to toolbar button labels and the header row of the CoA table.
> > >
> > > Using the GtkInspector, I added the label class to the GtkTreeViewAccountView widget and it worked properly though. So perhaps the code needs to somehow include this for it to work. (my reading of the Gtk-css reference doesn’t seem to make this clear, with the impression that one can specify a node or a label regardless)
> > >
> > > There should probably be something on the wiki documenting this, as well as all the relevant selectors. (some are documented on Git as part of a sample css file) If I have page permissions I’ll start one, but if not I’ll have to file a wiki bug and wait for it to be created.

Re: [GNC] Change text color

GT-I9070 H
Excuse me, this works fine:

#account_tree:selected {