[GNC] Cant get online quotes to work

Kevin Thorne
OS: Win 10
GnuCash 3.4
F:Q 1.47
Perl 5 v26.1

Have set the Alphavantage key in GnuCash under preferences

Trying to get stock updates from Australia and USA

ANZ.AX - ASX
BRK-B  - NYSE

I have tried to follow all suggestions but cant get this working, is anyone able to assist?

Thanks you

Kevin

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: [GNC] Cant get online quotes to work

Kevin Thorne

OS: Win 10
GnuCash 3.4
F:Q 1.47
Perl 5 v26.1

Have set the Alphavantage key in GnuCash under preferences

Trying to get stock updates from Australia and USA

ANZ.AX - ASX
BRK-B  - NYSE

Seems all is working from CMD and alphavantage outside GnuCash.

I have tried to follow all suggestions but cant get this working, is anyone able to assist?

Thanks you

Kevin

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

FQ2.PNG (27K) Download Attachment
FQ3.PNG (27K) Download Attachment
FQ1.PNG (7K) Download Attachment
fq4.GIF (22K) Download Attachment

Re: [GNC] Cant get online quotes to work

ChrisGood

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 18:05:32 +0800
> From: Kevin Thorne <[hidden email]>
> To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [GNC] Cant get online quotes to work
>

> OS: Win 10
> GnuCash 3.4
> F:Q 1.47
> Perl 5 v26.1
>
> Have set the Alphavantage key in GnuCash under preferences
>
> Trying to get stock updates from Australia and USA
>
> ANZ.AX - ASX
> BRK-B? - NYSE
>
> Seems all is working from CMD and alphavantage outside GnuCash.
>
> I have tried to follow all suggestions but cant get this working, is
> anyone able to assist?
>
> Thanks you
>
> Kevin
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

GnuCash always uses AlphaVantage as source for all currency exchange rates.
You'll notice there is nowhere to specify source for exchange rates. Do all
your exchange rates work using  using alphavantage from the commandline?

Do all your stocks work from the commandline using the source that is
specified?

It is a good idea to use the down arrow in the top right hand corner of the
security editor to show extra fields like the source to ensure you have the
correct source and symbol for all stocks.

Regards, Chris Good

Re: [GNC] Cant get online quotes to work

> On Jan 20, 2019, at 2:05 AM, Kevin Thorne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> OS: Win 10
> GnuCash 3.4
> F:Q 1.47
> Perl 5 v26.1
>
> Have set the Alphavantage key in GnuCash under preferences
>
> Trying to get stock updates from Australia and USA
>
> ANZ.AX - ASX
> BRK-B  - NYSE
>
> Seems all is working from CMD and alphavantage outside GnuCash.
>
> I have tried to follow all suggestions but cant get this working, is anyone able to assist?

Are those the only quotes that you have configured for retrieval? If not, it’s most likely Alphavantage's throttling that has been discussed ad nauseam here for the last 9 months.