[GNC] Cannot run v3 on Windows 7 since a year

[GNC] Cannot run v3 on Windows 7 since a year

I just tried to install v3.5 on my Win7 64bit. It installed and on the the
first attempt to start it I get

/This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
way. Please contact the application's support team for more information/

I also tried an uninstall and deleting the leftover directory like suggested
in a similar thread. Same error message.

I did switch back to 2.6.21 which runs without any problems.

About one year ago I tried to install 3.0 which also would not run back then
and switched back to the older version.

I am a bit clueless on how to proceed. Sitting it out does not seem to work
obviously.

Regards, ohei2

Re: [GNC] Cannot run v3 on Windows 7 since a year

Colin Law
Have a look in the gnucash trace file after you try to start it.
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile

Colin

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 at 10:25, ohei2 via gnucash-user
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just tried to install v3.5 on my Win7 64bit. It installed and on the the
> first attempt to start it I get
>
> /This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way. Please contact the application's support team for more information/
>
> I also tried an uninstall and deleting the leftover directory like suggested
> in a similar thread. Same error message.
>
> I did switch back to 2.6.21 which runs without any problems.
>
> About one year ago I tried to install 3.0 which also would not run back then
> and switched back to the older version.
>
> I am a bit clueless on how to proceed. Sitting it out does not seem to work
> obviously.
>
> Regards, ohei2

Re: [GNC] Cannot run v3 on Windows 7 since a year

GnuCash - User mailing list
I reinstalled the current version again to see the log.

It does not write any log file since the Visual C++ runtime pops with
that error.

I don't know if this helps, but I tried to run guile.exe from the
command line and this happened:

###############
C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin>guile

Throw without catch before boot:
Throw to key misc-error with args ("primitive-load-path" "Unable to find
file ~S in load path" ("ice-9/boot-9") #f)Aborting.

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusua

################

If I run gnucash.exe from the command line, I get the same popup error
message I have gotten before, containing the last part of the above
error message.

Oliver

Am 09.04.2019 um 11:27 schrieb Colin Law:

> Have a look in the gnucash trace file after you try to start it.
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile
>
> Colin
>
> On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 at 10:25, ohei2 via gnucash-user
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just tried to install v3.5 on my Win7 64bit. It installed and on the the
>> first attempt to start it I get
>>
>> /This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
>> way. Please contact the application's support team for more information/
>>
>> I also tried an uninstall and deleting the leftover directory like suggested
>> in a similar thread. Same error message.
>>
>> I did switch back to 2.6.21 which runs without any problems.
>>
>> About one year ago I tried to install 3.0 which also would not run back then
>> and switched back to the older version.
>>
>> I am a bit clueless on how to proceed. Sitting it out does not seem to work
>> obviously.
>>
>> Regards, ohei2
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-User-f1415819.html

Re: [GNC] Cannot run v3 on Windows 7 since a year

Geert Janssens-4
Do you have other applications on your system that use guile (like Lilypond
for example) ?

Op donderdag 18 april 2019 13:26:08 CEST schreef Oliver Heidelbach via
gnucash-user:

> I reinstalled the current version again to see the log.
>
> It does not write any log file since the Visual C++ runtime pops with
> that error.
>
> I don't know if this helps, but I tried to run guile.exe from the
> command line and this happened:
>
> ###############
> C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin>guile
>
> Throw without catch before boot:
> Throw to key misc-error with args ("primitive-load-path" "Unable to find
> file ~S in load path" ("ice-9/boot-9") #f)Aborting.
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusua
>
> ################
>
> If I run gnucash.exe from the command line, I get the same popup error
> message I have gotten before, containing the last part of the above
> error message.
>
> Oliver
>
> Am 09.04.2019 um 11:27 schrieb Colin Law:
> > Have a look in the gnucash trace file after you try to start it.
> > https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile
> >
> > Colin
> >
> > On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 at 10:25, ohei2 via gnucash-user
> >
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I just tried to install v3.5 on my Win7 64bit. It installed and on the
> >> the
> >> first attempt to start it I get
> >>
> >> /This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> >> way. Please contact the application's support team for more information/
> >>
> >> I also tried an uninstall and deleting the leftover directory like
> >> suggested in a similar thread. Same error message.
> >>
> >> I did switch back to 2.6.21 which runs without any problems.
> >>
> >> About one year ago I tried to install 3.0 which also would not run back
> >> then and switched back to the older version.
> >>
> >> I am a bit clueless on how to proceed. Sitting it out does not seem to
> >> work
> >> obviously.
> >>
> >> Regards, ohei2
> >>

> >> --
> >> Sent from:
> >> http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-User-f1415819.html
> >> If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see
> >> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information. -----

> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information. -----

Re: [GNC] Cannot run v3 on Windows 7 since a year

GnuCash - User mailing list
I'm using Win 7 with no problem
If I recall correctly...and Im guessing here I had the same problem..its
been a while.
I had a one Visual C++ missing between releases. They *must *be installed in
sequential order.
If you have one missing in between I had to uninstall  the latter versions ,
install the missing one, then install the newer ones.

Attached image of my control panel installed V C++

<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378619/win7.jpg>

Jimmy

Re: [GNC] Cannot run v3 on Windows 7 since a year

Yes, I had Cygwin installed and now deinstalled it accoording to their
uninstall instructions including removing the registry entries.

Same problem as before unfortunately.

The following is the call stack from the Sysinternals Process Explorer:

wow64cpu.dll!CpuGetContext+0x4
wow64.dll!Wow64KiUserCallbackDispatcher+0xcb
wow64win.dll+0x32bf9
ntdll.dll!KiUserCallbackDispatcher+0x1f
wow64win.dll+0x3fd4a
wow64win.dll+0x1ad9b
wow64.dll!Wow64SystemServiceEx+0xd7
wow64cpu.dll!TurboDispatchJumpAddressEnd+0x2d
wow64.dll!Wow64SystemServiceEx+0x1ce
wow64.dll!Wow64LdrpInitialize+0x42a
ntdll.dll!RtlImageDirectoryEntryToData+0x19a3
ntdll.dll!longjmp+0x2ca60
ntdll.dll!LdrInitializeThunk+0xe
USER32.dll!PeekMessageW+0x17b
USER32.dll!PeekMessageW+0x197
USER32.dll!DialogBoxIndirectParamW+0xfb
USER32.dll!DialogBoxIndirectParamAorW+0x108
USER32.dll!SoftModalMessageBox+0x757
USER32.dll!SoftModalMessageBox+0xa33
USER32.dll!MessageBoxTimeoutW+0x52
USER32.dll!MessageBoxTimeoutA+0x76
USER32.dll!MessageBoxExA+0x1b
USER32.dll!MessageBoxA+0x18
msvcrt.dll!strerror_s+0x649
msvcrt.dll!__threadhandle+0x466
msvcrt.dll!abort+0x26
libstdc++-6.dll!_ZN9__gnu_cxx27__verbose_terminate_handlerEv+0x163
libstdc++-6.dll!__cxa_throw+0x5c
msvcrt.dll!free+0x39
libgnc-core-utils.dll!_ZN5boost9iterators6detail23operator_arrow_dispatchIRNS_10filesystem15directory_entryEPS4_E5applyES5_+0x11
msvcrt.dll!free+0x46
libgnc-core-utils.dll!_ZNK5boost9iterators6detail20iterator_facade_baseINS_10filesystem28recursive_directory_iteratorENS3_15directory_entryENS0_25single_pass_traversal_tagERS5_iLb0ELb0EEptEv+0x22
libgnc-core-utils.dll!gnc_path_find_localized_html_file+0x980
libgnc-core-utils.dll!gnc_path_find_localized_html_file+0xfce
libgnc-core-utils.dll!gnc_filepath_init+0xca
gnucash.exe+0x3b33
gnucash.exe+0x138b
ntdll.dll!RtlDeactivateActivationContextUnsafeFast+0x35f

I cannot interpret that, but maybe someone here can?

Oliver