[GNC] Cannot create Budget

Mike stagl
GnuCash 3.2 (3.2+ (2018-06-24))  on Windows 8.

I have created a new file with the Common Accounts.  All the accounts populate with no transactions in them.  When I go to Actions -> Budget ->New Budget, a budget window open, but there are no Accounts or Sub Accounts.

I have some existing Files that have worked in the past, but now when I create a budget, the only accounts I can create budgets for are accounts with transactions in them.

Did I mess up a setting somewhere?

Thanks to all the contributors!

Re: [GNC] Cannot create Budget

Jim Passmore
Mike,
I think this is the same issue discussed in this thread
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2018-July/077885.html

A quick look at the gnucash bugzilla <https://bugs.gnucash.org/> doesn't
look like this is an officially filed bug  I'm running 2.6.19 on Ubuntu so
don't have the problem.  Maybe you should submit it so a developer will
check into it?

--

*Jim Passmore*

On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 5:14 PM Mike stagl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> GnuCash 3.2 (3.2+ (2018-06-24))  on Windows 8.
>
> I have created a new file with the Common Accounts.  All the accounts
> populate with no transactions in them.  When I go to Actions -> Budget
> ->New Budget, a budget window open, but there are no Accounts or Sub
> Accounts.
>
> I have some existing Files that have worked in the past, but now when I
> create a budget, the only accounts I can create budgets for are accounts
> with transactions in them.
>
> Did I mess up a setting somewhere?
>
> Thanks to all the contributors!

Re: [GNC] Cannot create Budget

Mike stagl
I found the solution, looking at some closed bug reports.  With the budget screen open, I needed to correct the filter settings.

View -> Filter By -> Other Tab  and select Show Unused Accounts

This solved my problem.  Thanks for the reply.  Hopefully this helps someone else too.