[GNC] Adjusting debit/credit col widths in the registers

[GNC] Adjusting debit/credit col widths in the registers

rmomxtx
Can I adjust the debit/credit column widths in the registers? Figured out
how to get the font the size I can see, thanks for the help. Now I need to
make those number columns wider so I can see the complete entry.

Thanks,

Roger

Re: [GNC] Adjusting debit/credit col widths in the registers

Adrien Monteleone-2
Drag the right side dividers of the column headings to the right as needed. Then drag the divider on the right side of the description column to the left and it will snap to adjust so everything still fits in the window.

> On Sep 5, 2019 w36d248, at 9:38 AM, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Can I adjust the debit/credit column widths in the registers? Figured out
> how to get the font the size I can see, thanks for the help. Now I need to
> make those number columns wider so I can see the complete entry.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Roger

Re: [GNC] Adjusting debit/credit col widths in the registers

Colin Law
Or if you double click the column header it should resize to fit the contents.

Colin

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 at 15:41, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can I adjust the debit/credit column widths in the registers? Figured out
> how to get the font the size I can see, thanks for the help. Now I need to
> make those number columns wider so I can see the complete entry.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Roger

Re: [GNC] Adjusting debit/credit col widths in the registers

Adrien Monteleone-2
Thanks, I forgot bout that.

> On Sep 5, 2019 w36d248, at 10:17 AM, Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Or if you double click the column header it should resize to fit the contents.
>
> Colin

Re: [GNC] Adjusting debit/credit col widths in the registers

rmomxtx
That worked. Seems to work better if you start with the far right column (balance) and move left adjusting each in turn with the double click on the header. Little disconcerting there at first double clicking the column with the account name (transfer). The debit/credit and balance columns disappeared. Double clicking the description column brought them back into view. Appears you have to do this to each register when you open it. After making the adjustment it seems to stay the next time you open it.

Thanks,
Roger

Or if you double click the column header it should resize to fit the contents.

Colin

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 at 15:41, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can I adjust the debit/credit column widths in the registers? Figured
> out how to get the font the size I can see, thanks for the help. Now I
> need to make those number columns wider so I can see the complete entry.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Roger

Re: [GNC] Adjusting debit/credit col widths in the registers

David Carlson-4
Roger,

When the columns are too wide to fit in the window there is a horizontal
scrollbar across the bottom similar to what you might see in a text editor
application.

David Carlson

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 11:30 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That worked. Seems to work better if you start with the far right column
> (balance) and move left adjusting each in turn with the double click on the
> header. Little disconcerting there at first double clicking the column with
> the account name (transfer). The debit/credit and balance columns
> disappeared. Double clicking the description column brought them back into
> view. Appears you have to do this to each register when you open it. After
> making the adjustment it seems to stay the next time you open it.
>
> Thanks,
> Roger

David Carlson
Liz

Re: [GNC] Adjusting debit/credit col widths in the registers

Liz
On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 11:28:35 -0500
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> That worked. Seems to work better if you start with the far right
> column (balance) and move left adjusting each in turn with the double
> click on the header. Little disconcerting there at first double
> clicking the column with the account name (transfer). The
> debit/credit and balance columns disappeared. Double clicking the
> description column brought them back into view. Appears you have to
> do this to each register when you open it. After making the
> adjustment it seems to stay the next time you open it.
>
> Thanks,
> Roger

agreed
after all the double clicking from right to left, then take the bar
between the description and transfer columns and make the description
smaller.

Liz