[GNC] Accounts Receivable

Teresa
I am confused about the income portion of the AR. We are an IT company,
so there is no inventory

we bill monthly for services that are always paid through our checking
account

I see that I post payments in the Asset AR

How does this transfer to the income

Below I have pasted my accounts, please advise, Thank you

--

Teresa Slack

Senior Client Manager

*_Coba Enterprise Management, LLC_*

3620 Pelham Road, PMB 107

Greenville, SC 29615

Office: 864.343.8017 x 5

Cell:    864.525.3633

[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Coba-EM.com <http://coba-em.com/>

/NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: The information contained in and accompanying
this communication may be confidential, subject to legal privilege, or
otherwise protected from disclosure, and is intended solely for the use
of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of
this communication, please delete and destroy all copies in your
possession, notify sender that you have received this communication in
error, and note that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of
any action in reliance on, this communication is expressly prohibited.
Email messages may contain computer viruses or other defects, may not be
accurately replicated on other systems, or may be intercepted, deleted
or interfered with without the knowledge of the sender or the intended
recipient. Coba Enterprise Management, LLC makes no warranties in
relation to these matters. Please note that Coba Enterprise Management,
LLC reserves the right to intercept, monitor, and retain email messages
to and from its systems as permitted by applicable law. If you are not
comfortable with the risks associated with e-mail messages, you may
decide not to use email to communicate with Coba Enterprise Management,
LLC. /

Re: [GNC] Accounts Receivable

David Cousens
This post was updated on .
Teresa

GnuCash is explicitly double entry accounting.

When you create an invoice and Post it, it simultaneously creates a debit
entry to the A/R account and a credit entry to a specified income
account.When you create an invoice with The Business->Customer->New Invoice
dialog, the New Invoice window allows you to enter the information required
for the invoice and when you press next the invoice opens as a tab in the
main window. You will see a column, Income Account and
on the open line a down arrow which allows you to select, the income account
the credit entry will be made to. If you then enter the amounts in the
remaining columns and post the invoice another dialog comes up  which asks
you for the Post To Account, again with a drop down list. If Assets:Accounts
Receivable does not appear in the box by default, then you possibly haven't
created the accounts necessary for the business features to work. You will
have to cancel the Post dialog.

Then select the Accounts tab in the main window, then select Actions->New
Account Heirarchy from the Actions menu item. Click Next then select the
currency to be used (your default book currency) and Next to get to the
Choose accounts to create entry. If you hit the Clear All button and then
check the box against the Business Accounts then hit Next it will add the
business accounts required to your Account tree.

If you then go back to the Invoice tab and Post it again, you should get
Assets:Accounts Receivable appearing as the default account to post the
invoice to.  When you hit the OK button, it will create the debit and credit
entries in the A/R account and the selected income account.

Note the business features can also include sales tax/GST . You have to set
up the appropriate tax tables for this to be usable. See the Help Manual
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-help/chapter_busnss.html and
Tutorial and Concepts
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-guide/index.html guide entries for
the Business features for more detail. The wiki also has some additional
information:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GnuCash_Quick_Start_Guide_For_Business_Users
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Business_Features_Issues