[GNC] Account report: defined date range

[GNC] Account report: defined date range

Rich Shepard
I've read the report section of the guide and tried various reports
(including Account report) from the menu without finding the one I want: a
list of all transactions in my checking account defined by starting and
ending dates.

The account report displays all transactions in that account from when it
was first set up and the options menu does not allow me to specify a date
range.

I'm sure the information I need will be provided by one of the available
reports yet I'm not seeing it. A pointer is needed.

Regards,

Rich

Re: [GNC] Account report: defined date range

foxylady337
> On 21 Apr 2019, at 18:16, Rich Shepard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've read the report section of the guide and tried various reports
> (including Account report) from the menu without finding the one I want: a
> list of all transactions in my checking account defined by starting and
> ending dates.
>
> The account report displays all transactions in that account from when it
> was first set up and the options menu does not allow me to specify a date
> range.
>
> I'm sure the information I need will be provided by one of the available
> reports yet I'm not seeing it. A pointer is needed.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rich

Open the account.

Right-click within the account’s window (i.e. on any of the transactions).

Choose “Filter By”.

Set up the date range you are interested in.

Reports->Account Report.

Voilà!

Michael

Re: [GNC] Account report: defined date range

Adrien Monteleone-2
Filter By... is also in the View menu. You may see references to it there as well.

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019, Michael Hendry wrote:

> Open the account.
> Right-click within the account’s window (i.e. on any of the transactions).
> Choose “Filter By”.
> Set up the date range you are interested in.
> Reports->Account Report.

Michael,

Thank you. I didn't see that in the guide manual.

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019, Adrien Monteleone wrote:

> Filter By... is also in the View menu. You may see references to it there
> as well.

Adrien,

Thank you, too. I didn't think to filter first and kept looking for that in
the report options.

Regards,

Rich