[GNC] Access to more than one computer

Jonathan Silvey
 I have one Gnucash account which I want to access from two comuters. My
account is online, with Dropbox. It works from one computer but I can't see
how to acces it from the other. The other would, of course, have quit.
Please
help.
Jonathan
Jonathan

Re: [GNC] Access to more than one computer

Jack Lockard
I keep my files on OneDrive and access them from different computers I have as needed.

When the file open dialog loads on my computers, the OneDrive location does not show up on the locations list on the left side of the dialog. I have to click on Home and then navigate to the file location. Don't know if that helps any, but thought I'd pass that along.

Jack

Re: [GNC] Access to more than one computer

Johnathon,

You will have to have Dropbox access setup on both computers. This will
involve downloading the Dropbox daemon and installing it on each computer to
synchronize a Dropbox directory on each computer with your Dropbox account
on their server. You can usually get information from the Dropbox website on
how to do this for various operating systems.  When anything is changed
either on the server or in the Dropbox directories on either computer it is
then automatically transferred to the other devices. When it is setup, you
copy your GnuCash file to the Dropbox directory. I set my GnuCash files up
in their own directories inside the Dropbox directory so that the backup and
log files do not create confusion. I usually also set a limit on the number
of backup and log files retained in the GnuCash preferences to limit growth
of the size of the directory.