[GNC] About report transaction

cmoralesm-2
Hi friends, I am new to this list and my needs are not as deep as the ones
I have read on your list. I have used Gnucash for about 9 years but in a
very basic way, taking my personal expenses and income. I have learned to
make the necessary reports for me but in some opportunities when I have to
reinstall the application or use a new PC, all the configurations of my
reports are erased and I must start the elaboration of them again. My
question is if there is any way to save the reports on a USB stick? And so
avoid having to redo the reports configuration again?

Re: [GNC] About report transaction

Derek Atkins
Hi Carlos,

"Carlos E. Morales" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi friends, I am new to this list and my needs are not as deep as the ones
> I have read on your list. I have used Gnucash for about 9 years but in a
> very basic way, taking my personal expenses and income. I have learned to
> make the necessary reports for me but in some opportunities when I have to
> reinstall the application or use a new PC, all the configurations of my
> reports are erased and I must start the elaboration of them again. My
> question is if there is any way to save the reports on a USB stick? And so
> avoid having to redo the reports configuration again?

Make sure you copy your "DOT_GNUCASH" folder as well as your data file.
Where this folder resides varies by platform.
The Wiki should have a sub-page about making backups that explains where
these can be found:  https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GnuCash
I'm sorry I don't know the exact Wiki page; I'm sitting on an airplane
without network access.
Hope this helps,

Re: [GNC] About report transaction

Hi Carlos,
I export any reports I create in PDF format to another folder on my laptop, you could also save it to a memory stick if required.
I hope it helps.
Gareth

Sent from my iPhone

> On 16 Nov 2018, at 4:27 am, Carlos E. Morales <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi friends, I am new to this list and my needs are not as deep as the ones
> I have read on your list. I have used Gnucash for about 9 years but in a
> very basic way, taking my personal expenses and income. I have learned to
> make the necessary reports for me but in some opportunities when I have to
> reinstall the application or use a new PC, all the configurations of my
> reports are erased and I must start the elaboration of them again. My
> question is if there is any way to save the reports on a USB stick? And so
> avoid having to redo the reports configuration again?

Re: [GNC] About report transaction

> On Nov 16, 2018, at 7:37 PM, Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Carlos,
>
> "Carlos E. Morales" <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Hi friends, I am new to this list and my needs are not as deep as the ones
>> I have read on your list. I have used Gnucash for about 9 years but in a
>> very basic way, taking my personal expenses and income. I have learned to
>> make the necessary reports for me but in some opportunities when I have to
>> reinstall the application or use a new PC, all the configurations of my
>> reports are erased and I must start the elaboration of them again. My
>> question is if there is any way to save the reports on a USB stick? And so
>> avoid having to redo the reports configuration again?
>
> Make sure you copy your "DOT_GNUCASH" folder as well as your data file.
> Where this folder resides varies by platform.
> The Wiki should have a sub-page about making backups that explains where
> these can be found:  https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GnuCash
> I'm sorry I don't know the exact Wiki page; I'm sitting on an airplane
> without network access.
> Hope this helps,

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations>

Shows where GnuCash sticks stuff that you might want to back up or copy to a new machine.

Re: [GNC] About report transaction

Christopher Lam
Hi Carlos, the email subject suggests you have customised the transaction
report to your needs. You may find that the option General/Add options
summary set to 'always' is designed to print the options modified, so that
you can recreate the same report.

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 at 12:29, Carlos E. Morales <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi friends, I am new to this list and my needs are not as deep as the ones
> I have read on your list. I have used Gnucash for about 9 years but in a
> very basic way, taking my personal expenses and income. I have learned to
> make the necessary reports for me but in some opportunities when I have to
> reinstall the application or use a new PC, all the configurations of my
> reports are erased and I must start the elaboration of them again. My
> question is if there is any way to save the reports on a USB stick? And so
> avoid having to redo the reports configuration again?

Re: [GNC] About report transaction

cmoralesm-2
Thank you for your answer, however I believe that I express myself badly. My question is not about the reports themselves, it's about the “configuration of the reports”. I want to save the "settings of the reports" in another place (USB stick) different from where they are normally stored C: \ Users \ name \ AppData \ Roaming \ GnuCash etc.
Christopher said that I could use for each report: General / Always to print the setting report, this is not a bad idea, but still every time I need the report I must redo the configuration.
In short, how do I save the “ configuration of the reports” or setting in another place easy to locate.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: [GNC] About report transaction

Maf. King
On Friday, 16 November 2018 16:25:02 GMT Carlos E. Morales wrote:

> Thank you for your answer, however I believe that I express myself badly. My
> question is not about the reports themselves, it's about the “configuration
> of the reports”. I want to save the "settings of the reports" in another
> place (USB stick) different from where they are normally stored C: \ Users
> \ name \ AppData \ Roaming \ GnuCash etc. Christopher said that I could use
> for each report: General / Always to print the setting report, this is not
> a bad idea, but still every time I need the report I must redo the
> configuration. In short, how do I save the “ configuration of the reports”
> or setting in another place easy to locate.

Hi Carlos,

I think the link provided by John Ralls at 12.05 today should help you figure
this out.

HTH,
Maf.