Fidelity netbenefits 401k transactions

Jim Passmore
Wondering if there is functionality for importing the 401k transactions
(fund purchases, dividends, fees, etc) Fidelity lets you download in csv or
qif format.  I'm really getting tired of typing them in, and doing a
"duplicate" doesn't really save much time.

And while I'm asking about Fidelity, does anyone know what all the "change
in market value" transactions are?  The keep showing up in the list, and
are only for amounts of a few cents, with zero shares involved.

--

*Jim Passmore*

Re: Fidelity netbenefits 401k transactions

Jim Passmore <[hidden email]> writes:

> Wondering if there is functionality for importing the 401k transactions
> (fund purchases, dividends, fees, etc) Fidelity lets you download in csv or
> qif format.  I'm really getting tired of typing them in, and doing a
> "duplicate" doesn't really save much time.

The QIF importer can definitely import stock/mutual fund transactions.
Have you tried it?

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 3:22 PM, Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The QIF importer can definitely import stock/mutual fund transactions.
> Have you tried it?

Well, that's what I was hoping to hear, but I haven't tried it yet.  I'm
sure there are some setup items to do first to make sure accounts/funds in
the QIF file correspond correctly to the ones in GnuCash, and I want it to
be at least *close* to right before I start importing.  I didn't see the
process in either the manual or the tutorial.  Did I miss it?

--

*Jim Passmore*Linux User #232777

Re: Fidelity netbenefits 401k transactions

Derek Atkins
Jim Passmore <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 3:22 PM, Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     The QIF importer can definitely import stock/mutual fund transactions.
>     Have you tried it?
>
> Well, that's what I was hoping to hear, but I haven't tried it yet.  I'm sure
> there are some setup items to do first to make sure accounts/funds in the QIF
> file correspond correctly to the ones in GnuCash, and I want it to be at least
> *close* to right before I start importing.  I didn't see the process in either
> the manual or the tutorial.  Did I miss it?

Ah, well, perhaps you should give it a try then?

Seriously, just run through some trial imports.  It will generally let
you map everything appropriately to your GnuCash accounts.  Keep on
trying until you get it how you want it.