Exchange rate dowload failing

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Exchange rate dowload failing

Keith Bellairs
I haven't gotten a new exchange rate for CAD to USD since August using
Price Editor --> Get Quotes. I was updating about once a month and they
were coming in regularly. Anyone else seen this? (I am woefully behind
at 1.8.10, but so what?)
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Exchange rate dowload failing

David Hampton-2
On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 21:59 -0500, Keith wrote:
> I haven't gotten a new exchange rate for CAD to USD since August using
> Price Editor --> Get Quotes. I was updating about once a month and they
> were coming in regularly. Anyone else seen this? (I am woefully behind
> at 1.8.10, but so what?)

Yahoo changed the web page for currency quotes.  You should grab the
latest (cvs) Finance::Quote sources from sourceforge.net.

David
 

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

F_Q is still broken [Was: Exchange rate dowload failing]

Stewart Wright
[Apologies for going OT here.]

G'day David,

* David Hampton <[hidden email]> [051115 21:30]:
> Yahoo changed the web page for currency quotes.  You should grab the
> latest (cvs) Finance::Quote sources from sourceforge.net.

You've been saying this for a while but it doesn't seem to work for
me...  (Yeah, I know I should file a bug report, but SF.net was
playing up last time I tried.)

All of the tests fail.

For the latest CVS (checked out this morning):

$ ln -s test t
$ perl Makefile.PL prefix=${HOME}/src/finance_quote/xxx
$ make && make test

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/aex................# Failed test 2 in t/aex.t at line 16
#  t/aex.t line 16 is: ok($quotes{"AAB 93-08 7.5","success"});
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at t/aex.t line 17.
# Failed test 3 in t/aex.t at line 17
#  t/aex.t line 17 is: ok($quotes{"AAB 93-08 7.5","last"} > 0);
# Failed test 4 in t/aex.t at line 18
#  t/aex.t line 18 is: ok($quotes{"AAB 93-08 7.5","date"});
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at t/aex.t line 19.
# Failed test 5 in t/aex.t at line 19

[SNIP]

(I'm running a FC3 machine if that makes any difference.)

I'll send a message to finance-quote-devel as well to see if we can
resolve this.


Cheers,

S.

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user

attachment0 (282 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: F_Q is still broken [Was: Exchange rate dowload failing]

David Hampton-2
On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 08:05 -0600, Stewart V. Wright wrote:

> [Apologies for going OT here.]
>
> G'day David,
>
> * David Hampton <[hidden email]> [051115 21:30]:
> > Yahoo changed the web page for currency quotes.  You should grab the
> > latest (cvs) Finance::Quote sources from sourceforge.net.
>
> You've been saying this for a while but it doesn't seem to work for
> me...  (Yeah, I know I should file a bug report, but SF.net was
> playing up last time I tried.)
>
> All of the tests fail.

All?  I don't see that.  Did you let the tests run to completion?

> For the latest CVS (checked out this morning):
>
> $ ln -s test t
> $ perl Makefile.PL prefix=${HOME}/src/finance_quote/xxx
> $ make && make test
>  ...
> [SNIP]

Yes, there are some problems with the tests in current F::Q CVS.  There
are almost always problems as companies are continually tweaking their
web sites.  (IIRC, there were no failures when F::Q 1.10 shipped.)  I
get the following summary from 'make test' on an install from cvs:

Failed Test        Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
t/aex.t                          11   23 209.09%  2-7 9-10 12-26
t/asx.t             255 65280    11    2  18.18%  11
t/cdnfundlibrary.t    2   512     8   16 200.00%  1-8
t/indiamutual.t                  44   42  95.45%  2-43
t/trustnet.t                     12   10  83.33%  2-11
t/yahoo.t                        11    2  18.18%  8-9
t/yahoo_brasil.t                  9    1  11.11%  2

The currency tests are not listed here as failing.  Testing F::Q cvs, I
get the following results:

$ ./currency-lookup.pl AUD USD
AUD->USD = 0.7328

$ echo '(currency "USD" "AUD")' | finance-quote-helper
(("USD" (symbol . "USD") (last . 1.3679) (currency . "AUD")))

So I am getting currency quotes back.  Have you installed F::Q cvs or
just downloaded it and run 'make test'?

I don't see currency quotes appearing in Gnucash when I click "Get
Quotes", but I'm not sure if that's GnuCash or just my data file.  I
need to investigate more.

David

P.S. I started working through the F::Q test results last night.  So far
they're the result of several mutual funds in test scripts that no
longer exist on the exchanges, a slightly redesigned web site that has
extra blank table rows, and some change to perl or a perl module that
prints warnings where it didn't before.



_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: F_Q is still broken [Was: Exchange rate dowload failing]

Keith Bellairs
In reply to this post by Stewart Wright
I logged into SF yesterday and they have a bug reported for the change
in Yahoo currency and no changes reported to be checked into F_Q for it.
I did not actually pull the code to see if new code has sneaked in.
Guess I'll wait until the F_Q developers think they have patched it.
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: F_Q is still broken [Was: Exchange rate dowload failing]

David Hampton-2
On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 20:49 -0500, Keith wrote:
> I logged into SF yesterday and they have a bug reported for the change
> in Yahoo currency

Thanks for pointing that out. I marked it as a duplicate and closed it.

> and no changes reported to be checked into F_Q for it.
> I did not actually pull the code to see if new code has sneaked in.
> Guess I'll wait until the F_Q developers think they have patched it.

I fixed cvs on October 22nd, and tested again last night just to make
sure the fix was still working.

David


_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: F_Q is still broken [Was: Exchange rate dowload failing]

David Hampton-2
In reply to this post by David Hampton-2
On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 10:13 -0500, David Hampton wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 08:05 -0600, Stewart V. Wright wrote:
> > * David Hampton <[hidden email]> [051115 21:30]:
> > > Yahoo changed the web page for currency quotes.  You should grab the
> > > latest (cvs) Finance::Quote sources from sourceforge.net.
> >
> > You've been saying this for a while but it doesn't seem to work for
> > me...  (Yeah, I know I should file a bug report, but SF.net was
> > playing up last time I tried.)

> I don't see currency quotes appearing in Gnucash when I click "Get
> Quotes", but I'm not sure if that's GnuCash or just my data file.  I
> need to investigate more.

This was a problem with my gnucash data file.  I've just verified that I
can pull currency quotes using the latest F::Q from CVS.  Kevin or
Stuart, would you install the latest F::Q cvs and let me know if you can
then successfully pull quotes with gnucash?  I'd like to close out this
issue.

David

P.S. If this works for you I'll probably push out a new version of F::Q.
There are a couple of other modules that have had fixes made.


_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: F_Q is still broken [Was: Exchange rate dowload failing]

Stephen J. Gowdy
FWIW, it was broken for me with 1.10. I then installed the CVS version as
of a few days ago and it works again. What was a little strange is that
the error changes if there was only one currency requested (it updated
other things like stock prices) vrs mutiple currencies (nothing was
updated).

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, David Hampton wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 10:13 -0500, David Hampton wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 08:05 -0600, Stewart V. Wright wrote:
> > > * David Hampton <[hidden email]> [051115 21:30]:
> > > > Yahoo changed the web page for currency quotes.  You should grab the
> > > > latest (cvs) Finance::Quote sources from sourceforge.net.
> > >
> > > You've been saying this for a while but it doesn't seem to work for
> > > me...  (Yeah, I know I should file a bug report, but SF.net was
> > > playing up last time I tried.)
>
> > I don't see currency quotes appearing in Gnucash when I click "Get
> > Quotes", but I'm not sure if that's GnuCash or just my data file.  I
> > need to investigate more.
>
> This was a problem with my gnucash data file.  I've just verified that I
> can pull currency quotes using the latest F::Q from CVS.  Kevin or
> Stuart, would you install the latest F::Q cvs and let me know if you can
> then successfully pull quotes with gnucash?  I'd like to close out this
> issue.
>
> David
>
> P.S. If this works for you I'll probably push out a new version of F::Q.
> There are a couple of other modules that have had fixes made.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
>

--
 /------------------------------------+-------------------------\
|Stephen J. Gowdy                     | SLAC, MailStop 34,       |
|http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~gowdy/ | 2575 Sand Hill Road,     |
|http://calendar.yahoo.com/gowdy      | Menlo Park CA 94025, USA |
|EMail: [hidden email]       | Tel: +1 650 926 3144     |
 \------------------------------------+-------------------------/
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user