Duplicate names in different parts of the accounts tree?

Duplicate names in different parts of the accounts tree?

Adam Funk
Is there anything wrong or inadvisable about using the same simple
account name in different parts of the tree, for example
"Expenses:House:Insurance" and "Expenses:Car:Insurance"?

Re: Duplicate names in different parts of the accounts tree?

Derek Atkins
Quoting Adam Funk <[hidden email]>:

> Is there anything wrong or inadvisable about using the same simple
> account name in different parts of the tree, for example
> "Expenses:House:Insurance" and "Expenses:Car:Insurance"?

No.  This should be allowed.  You just can't have two accounts of the
same name at the place in the tree.  I.e. siblings can't have the same
account name.  However cousins can.

Re: Duplicate names in different parts of the accounts tree?

Sergey Okhapkin-2
It should be ok, but I'd prefer more logical
structure "Expenses:Insurance:House" and "Expenses:Insurance:Car"

On 2006-09-21, Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Quoting Adam Funk <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Is there anything wrong or inadvisable about using the same simple
>> account name in different parts of the tree, for example
>> "Expenses:House:Insurance" and "Expenses:Car:Insurance"?
>
> No.  This should be allowed.  You just can't have two accounts of the
> same name at the place in the tree.  I.e. siblings can't have the same
> account name.  However cousins can.

I.e. it's the "full path name" that has to be unique.
Thanks!