Displaying memo everywhere

Ronan KERYELL
Now, displays are often quite big (I use a 1920x1200 screen on my laptop)
and I would like an account display with the memo information on it on the
same line.

I've not been able to find a pref for it. Is there one I missed?

In the same way, when reconciling after importing files from my bank, it
could be nice to be able to enter or correct memo fields (and may be also
other fields?) at the same time rather than editing the account later.

Is there a way to do that? Or is it possible to add this stuff to the TODO
list? :-)

  Ronan KERYELL               |\/  Tel:    (+33|0) 2.29.00.14.15
  Département Informatique    |/)  Fax:    (+33|0) 2.29.00.12.82
  ENST Bretagne, CS 83818     K    GSM:    (+33|0) 6.13.14.37.66
  F-29238 PLOUZANÉ CEDEX      |\   E-mail: [hidden email]
  FRANCE                      | \  http://enstb.org/~keryell
                                   callto:ils.seconix.com/[hidden email]

Re: Displaying memo everywhere

Derek Atkins
Ronan KERYELL <[hidden email]> writes:

> Now, displays are often quite big (I use a 1920x1200 screen on my laptop)
> and I would like an account display with the memo information on it on the
> same line.
>
> I've not been able to find a pref for it. Is there one I missed?

The memo is part of each Split in a transaction; so, which "memo"
would you want to display?  Put the register into Journal Mode and
you'll see the memos everywhere.

> In the same way, when reconciling after importing files from my bank, it
> could be nice to be able to enter or correct memo fields (and may be also
> other fields?) at the same time rather than editing the account later.

Which importer?  The different formats do different things.

> Is there a way to do that? Or is it possible to add this stuff to the TODO
> list? :-)

Well, you can always file an RFE in bugzilla, but don't expect it
to get acted upon quickly.  ;)

Re: Displaying memo everywhere

Josh Sled
On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 11:31 +0200, Ronan KERYELL wrote:
> Now, displays are often quite big (I use a 1920x1200 screen on my laptop)
> and I would like an account display with the memo information on it on the
> same line.
>
> I've not been able to find a pref for it. Is there one I missed?

No.

> In the same way, when reconciling after importing files from my bank, it
> could be nice to be able to enter or correct memo fields (and may be also
> other fields?) at the same time rather than editing the account later.
>
> Is there a way to do that? Or is it possible to add this stuff to the TODO
> list? :-)

You can file RFEs in bugzilla (if they don't already exist).

Those with patches attached are obviously better. ;)

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`