Continued Discover Card woes

Chris Szilagyi
Hello:

I've been continuing to try to get Discover Card working again with OFX
and so far have been unsuccessful.  I'm getting a 403 (forbidden) error
when trying to download transactions.  I've been combing various OFX
forums that mention Discover has changed their side a couple of times
and I've tried various Special Settings in the AQBanking setup with no
luck.  A couple of recent posts from May 2017 state that Discover has
gone to an account number format of : "Discovr##x##x####x####", however
I'm unable to find out what this account number is anywhere on their
site.  So, I have tried to do a Retrieve Account List under the
AQBanking setup, and I get nothing. The output is:

18:39:04 Sending request...
18:39:04 TLS: SSL-Cipher priority list: SECURE256:SECURE128
18:39:04 TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated: TLS1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES-256-GCM:AEAD
18:39:04 Waiting for response...
18:39:05 Operation finished, you can now close this window.

But it seems no accounts are found or retrieved.

Just curious if anybody has been able to get any Discover accounts
working with AQBanking and if so, how?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Continued Discover Card woes

David G Hamblen-2
There was a thread back this spring discussing the fact that Discover
OFX stopped working.  I tried for a while to get it working again and
gave up.

On 11/14/2017 06:50 PM, Chris Szilagyi wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I've been continuing to try to get Discover Card working again with
> OFX and so far have been unsuccessful.  I'm getting a 403 (forbidden)
> error when trying to download transactions.  I've been combing various
> OFX forums that mention Discover has changed their side a couple of
> times and I've tried various Special Settings in the AQBanking setup
> with no luck.  A couple of recent posts from May 2017 state that
> Discover has gone to an account number format of :
> "Discovr##x##x####x####", however I'm unable to find out what this
> account number is anywhere on their site.  So, I have tried to do a
> Retrieve Account List under the AQBanking setup, and I get nothing.
> The output is:
>
> 18:39:04 Sending request...
> 18:39:04 TLS: SSL-Cipher priority list: SECURE256:SECURE128
> 18:39:04 TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated: TLS1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES-256-GCM:AEAD
> 18:39:04 Waiting for response...
> 18:39:05 Operation finished, you can now close this window.
>
> But it seems no accounts are found or retrieved.
>
> Just curious if anybody has been able to get any Discover accounts
> working with AQBanking and if so, how?
>
> Thanks for the help.

home phone (207) 633-4342
Cell Phone (207) 350-0440

Re: Continued Discover Card woes

Chris Szilagyi
David, thanks for the reply.  I did see a couple of discussions on it
and it seems to be with Discover's servers being very finicky on the
HTTP headers, even down to the order they are submitted from the client.
  If anything is slightly off, the client gets the 403 error back.
People have been able to get OFX working with other solutions, so I am
hoping there's a way to get AQBanking to also work.  I wouldn't mind
importing by hand, but Discover only allows exporting the past 30 days
to OFX.  Anything previous to that they only support Excel or CSV.  I
tried using CSV and wasn't able to get the fields to line up properly so
I gave up on CSV.

Hopefully there's a way to get AQBanking to work with it.  If not, then
it's probably not worth the effort anymore.

Thanks.

On 2017-11-15 06:44 AM, David G Hamblen wrote:

> There was a thread back this spring discussing the fact that Discover
> OFX stopped working.  I tried for a while to get it working again and
> gave up.
>

> On 11/14/2017 06:50 PM, Chris Szilagyi wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I've been continuing to try to get Discover Card working again with
>> OFX and so far have been unsuccessful.  I'm getting a 403 (forbidden)
>> error when trying to download transactions.  I've been combing various
>> OFX forums that mention Discover has changed their side a couple of
>> times and I've tried various Special Settings in the AQBanking setup
>> with no luck.  A couple of recent posts from May 2017 state that
>> Discover has gone to an account number format of :
>> "Discovr##x##x####x####", however I'm unable to find out what this
>> account number is anywhere on their site.  So, I have tried to do a
>> Retrieve Account List under the AQBanking setup, and I get nothing.
>> The output is:
>>
>> 18:39:04 Sending request...
>> 18:39:04 TLS: SSL-Cipher priority list: SECURE256:SECURE128
>> 18:39:04 TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated:
>> TLS1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES-256-GCM:AEAD
>> 18:39:04 Waiting for response...
>> 18:39:05 Operation finished, you can now close this window.
>>
>> But it seems no accounts are found or retrieved.
>>
>> Just curious if anybody has been able to get any Discover accounts
>> working with AQBanking and if so, how?
>>
>> Thanks for the help.

Re: Continued Discover Card woes

GnuCash - User mailing list
I've just picked up gnucash again and looking for a Discover Card solution.

I was wondering if you (or anyone) has had an opportunity to review logs of
Quicken downloading Discover data, and possibly making inferences from that.

Thanks

Hopefully there's a way to get AQBanking to work with it.  If not, then it's
probably not worth the effort anymore.

Re: Continued Discover Card woes

David Carlson-4
Chris,

I just open the Discover user webpage and download the QFX file manually.
Then import it manually.  I have to use that method with almost all of my
other banks and credit cards anyway, so one more desn't make much
difference.

David C

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 2:04 PM, popcorn via gnucash-user <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've just picked up gnucash again and looking for a Discover Card solution.
>
> I was wondering if you (or anyone) has had an opportunity to review logs of
> Quicken downloading Discover data, and possibly making inferences from
> that.
>
> Thanks
>

> Hopefully there's a way to get AQBanking to work with it.  If not, then
> it's
> probably not worth the effort anymore.

Re: Continued Discover Card woes

Ronal B Morse-2
That's the most reliable way I've found, although I need to track only a
small number of accounts.  If one had a large number to manage it could
get a bit taxing.

RBM