Confusing 2.0.4 behavior

Terry Therneau
 I've been trying to import a large qif file (10 years worth) into gnucash.
Progress is slowly being made :-)
  For one of the issues, I decided to upgrade from 1.8 to 2, to ensure that
it wasn't something already fixed.  At the end of qif import, the 1.8 version
automatically shows the new account tree.  In 2.0.4, I was convinced that the
import failed at the last step, since it leaves one with a completely blank
window.  Almost accidentally, I found that the new data really is present, by
selecting a new display window.
  I expect that this will confuse others as well.  Subject to confirmation
from this list, I'm willing to add it to bugzilla.

  Terry Therneau

Re: Confusing 2.0.4 behavior

Derek Atkins
Quoting Terry Therneau <[hidden email]>:

> I've been trying to import a large qif file (10 years worth) into gnucash.
> Progress is slowly being made :-)
>  For one of the issues, I decided to upgrade from 1.8 to 2, to ensure that
> it wasn't something already fixed.  At the end of qif import, the 1.8 version
> automatically shows the new account tree.  In 2.0.4, I was convinced that the
> import failed at the last step, since it leaves one with a completely blank
> window.  Almost accidentally, I found that the new data really is present, by
> selecting a new display window.
>  I expect that this will confuse others as well.  Subject to confirmation
> from this list, I'm willing to add it to bugzilla.

Please file a bug report.  The problem is that GnuCash doesn't create
the Account Tree Page often enough.