Capital One 360

Dennis Powless
I just found out that Capital One 360 no longer allows downloading of
transactions, it seems they cited security reasons.

Anyone else come across this with other banks?

Dennis

Re: Capital One 360

Michael DeBusk-2
On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Dennis Powless <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just found out that Capital One 360 no longer allows downloading of
> transactions, it seems they cited security reasons.

I'm looking at my Capital One 360 account right now, and there's a
"download" button on the page.

I'm presented with a way to choose the length of time and to choose
among CSV, OFX, and QFX.

--
Home: http://nlphilia.com     * Blog: http://nlphilia.net
Registered Linux User #450983 * Ubuntu Counter Project #10548

Re: Capital One 360

Michael DeBusk-2
On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 11:50 AM, Dennis Powless <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, on the old website before the upgrade you're correct.  The new web site
> does not have it.

I guess they're rolling out the "upgrade" gradually.

> I called customer support and spoke at length about it with him and after
> several ideas, he found a statement from above him that Capital One 360 will
> no longer support downloading of transaction, you will have to do all your
> banking on the web site.  This is what he told me and that there was no
> plans to bring this back.

That's absolutely insane. Do people really "do their banking" on a Web site?

I may or may not switch banks because of this. We'll see. I rarely
download transactions for checking and savings because I do very few
payments directly.

--
Home: http://nlphilia.com     * Blog: http://nlphilia.net
Registered Linux User #450983 * Ubuntu Counter Project #10548

Re: Capital One 360

Greg Feneis
​Only practically exclusively for the last 10-12 years or so.

I still need an ATM or bank teller to deposit clients' checks to my
business account, and if I want to pay myself, I have to do that via bank
teller.

Otherwise, pretty much everything online AMAP 😉​

Kind regards,

Greg Feneis