Cannot create any reports

Kevin Kempter
Gnucash crashes if I try and create any reports.  It worked fine a few weeks
ago when I created several invoices. Here's the message I see on the command
line:

$ gnucash

gtkhtml-ERROR **: gconf error: Failed to contact configuration server (a
likely cause of this is that you have an existing configuration server
(gconfd) running, but it isn't reachable from here - if you're logged in from
two machines at once, you may need to enable TCP networking for ORBit)

aborting...
Aborted

Thanks in advance for your help

Re: Cannot create any reports

Derek Atkins
[hidden email] writes:

> Gnucash crashes if I try and create any reports.  It worked fine a few weeks
> ago when I created several invoices. Here's the message I see on the command
> line:
>
> $ gnucash
>
> gtkhtml-ERROR **: gconf error: Failed to contact configuration server (a
> likely cause of this is that you have an existing configuration server
> (gconfd) running, but it isn't reachable from here - if you're logged in from
> two machines at once, you may need to enable TCP networking for ORBit)

Well, this error is pretty self-explanatory and points you exactly
where you need to fix the problem.  The problem is that gconfd-1
couldn't be contacted.  I suggest you look at your configuration
daemon.

Good Luck,