Can I change the 'Last Occurred' date for scheduled transactions

Can I change the 'Last Occurred' date for scheduled transactions

vivire
I searched and browsed the last year's mail
archive and cannot find any reference to changing
the 'Last Occurred' date for scheduled
transactions.

I am trying to enter a (sort of) complicated
transaction with variables and am tired of
retyping the whole transaction for each try (well,
I really haven't retyped it at all, seems like
there should be a better way).

Can I change the 'Last Occurred' date so I can
work with the transaction until it works the way I
want?

While I am asking... How are the variable fields
ordered in the dialog for completing scheduled
transactions? Can I influence the order at all?

I have very happily been using GnuCash 1.8.8 for
nearly a year now.

Re: Can I change the 'Last Occurred' date for scheduled transactions

Josh Sled
On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 23:53 -0500, vivire wrote:
> I searched and browsed the last year's mail
> archive and cannot find any reference to changing
> the 'Last Occurred' date for scheduled
> transactions.

This is not a very common operation.

> Can I change the 'Last Occurred' date so I can
> work with the transaction until it works the way I
> want?

Sure.  I'd only do this on a backup data file, but you can find the
<gnc:schedxaction> element corresponding to the SX you want to modify,
then either change or remove the <sx:last> element.  This contains the
last-occurred date.

You should exit gnucash first, make the change, then re-load the
data-file.

**You should only do this on a backup copy of your data.  Do this at
your own risk, &c.**

You should only do this in a plain-text editor (gedit, emacs, vi, ...).

> While I am asking... How are the variable fields
> ordered in the dialog for completing scheduled
> transactions? Can I influence the order at all?

No.  Is there some functionality impairment because you can't?  Or do
you just want to change the order for display purposes?

> I have very happily been using GnuCash 1.8.8 for
> nearly a year now.

:)  1.8.12 is out; you should upgrade.

...jsled
--