Call for testing: snap package

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Call for testing: snap package

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
Hi all,

I have built a snap package of GNUCash and am seeking some feedback and
testing. On Linux distros that support snap, the package can be
installed using the following command:

sudo snap install --beta gnucash-jz

Builds for AMD64 and ARM are available.

Regards,
Jacob

_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Call for testing: snap package

Colin Law
Which version of gnucash is it?

Colin

On 2 August 2017 at 10:40, Jacob Zimmermann via gnucash-devel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have built a snap package of GNUCash and am seeking some feedback and
> testing. On Linux distros that support snap, the package can be
> installed using the following command:
>
> sudo snap install --beta gnucash-jz
>
> Builds for AMD64 and ARM are available.
>
> Regards,
> Jacob
>
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Call for testing: snap package

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
It's 2.6.17, built from upstream source, with libdbd-mysql and
libdbd-pgsql included.


On 02/08/17 23:54, Colin Law wrote:
> Which version of gnucash is it?
>
> Colin
>



_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel

signature.asc (273 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Call for testing: snap package

Frank H. Ellenberger-3
Hi Jakob,

Am 03.08.2017 um 00:55 schrieb Jacob Zimmermann via gnucash-devel:
> It's 2.6.17, built from upstream source, with libdbd-mysql and
> libdbd-pgsql included.

... and aqbanking, ofx, ...?

For that readers unknowing snap:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snappy_(package_manager)

>
> On 02/08/17 23:54, Colin Law wrote:
>> Which version of gnucash is it?
>>
>> Colin

Regards
Frank
_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Call for testing: snap package

GnuCash - Dev mailing list

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256



On 05/08/17 20:07, Frank H. Ellenberger wrote:
> ... and aqbanking, ofx, ...?
It is included as far as GNC plugins and scripts go. Standalone
non-Gnucash aqbanking scripts are not included.

> For that readers unknowing snap: > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snappy_(package_manager) >
That article misses the most important advantage of Snap: the same
package is installable and works on any distro that supports Snap. There
are no Ubuntu snaps, Debian snaps, Fedora snaps etc. The same snap can
be used by everyone.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iG0EAREIABUFAlmGT3MOHHBwYUBqemltbS5uZXQACgkQsrcWi70eWMRYYgEAjX8H
6rHTaOVJLwEbk/FoOzaK/llcw5pcvPJWWM/x9GABAL0LRTBWrMJqK5MbDveSQJBG
hcjFTX2BCfmefE+c/6tX
=1Hbz
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Call for testing: snap package

Geert Janssens-4
In reply to this post by GnuCash - Dev mailing list
On woensdag 2 augustus 2017 11:40:10 CEST Jacob Zimmermann via gnucash-devel
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have built a snap package of GNUCash and am seeking some feedback and
> testing. On Linux distros that support snap, the package can be
> installed using the following command:
>
> sudo snap install --beta gnucash-jz
>
> Builds for AMD64 and ARM are available.
>
> Regards,
> Jacob

Hi Jacob,

That's a very interesting project you have there. I haven't had the chance to
look at it as I'm totally focussed on getting gnucash ready for the first 2.7
development snapshot which is planned for the end of the month.

After that however I will start playing with your snap package.

Are you willing to share your snap build scripts with us ?

I'm asking because I have been wanting to set up an automated nightly build in
a portable format such as snap for a long time [1]. That way it would be
*much* easier for linux users to test unreleased changes and provide feedback.

Regards,

Geert

[1]  I had flatpack in mind for this as that's what Fedora is pushing and
Fedora happens to be my primary OS, but snap fits the bill equally well.
_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Call for testing: snap package

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Hi Geert

It can be found here:

https://github.com/jacobzimmermann/gnucash-jz-snap

It's currently set-up to auto build and push all commits to that repo. I
don't know much about building flatpaks but AFAIK snap should work on
Fedora too.

Regards

Jacob

On 10/08/17 19:12, Geert Janssens wrote:
> Hi Jacob,
>
> That's a very interesting project you have there. I haven't had the ch
ance to
> look at it as I'm totally focussed on getting gnucash ready for the fi
rst 2.7
> development snapshot which is planned for the end of the month.
>
> After that however I will start playing with your snap package.
>
> Are you willing to share your snap build scripts with us ?
>
> I'm asking because I have been wanting to set up an automated nightly
build in
> a portable format such as snap for a long time [1]. That way it would
be
> *much* easier for linux users to test unreleased changes and provide f
eedback.
>
> Regards,
>
> Geert
>
> [1]  I had flatpack in mind for this as that's what Fedora is pushing
and
> Fedora happens to be my primary OS, but snap fits the bill equally wel
l.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iG0EAREIABUFAlmOORUOHHBwYUBqemltbS5uZXQACgkQsrcWi70eWMT2dQEAhI+c
y6MLu3NEyomxeNIWQ3LOY9grt57AJA8FU1PiQ4MA/i0ZtSjSvqvrGmP7k/xb3oRG
V5+uxnqQab1MpEfHmGFA
=fK9E
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Loading...