CAn I install on a windows machine?

Steven Klund
I use GNUCash on my linux pc,,, would like to share it with a few
friends who own business' but they have win xp and are fearful of
transition to linux.  Can I install on a win xp / 2000 machine?
Please let me know

Steve Klund

Liz

Re: CAn I install on a windows machine?

Liz
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 02:07, Steven Klund wrote:
> I use GNUCash on my linux pc,,, would like to share it with a few
> friends who own business' but they have win xp and are fearful of
> transition to linux.  Can I install on a win xp / 2000 machine?
> Please let me know
>

> Steve Klund

Certainly, first install qemu (an emulator), then a linux distro, then
gnucash.
Although I believe that there are minidistros you can run from a windows
partition with loadlin.

The short answer is No.

Liz

--
When you're bored with yourself, marry, and be bored with someone else.
                -- David Pryce-Jones

Re: CAn I install on a windows machine?

Neil Williams-2
On Tuesday 11 October 2005 5:07 pm, Steven Klund wrote:
> I use GNUCash on my linux pc,,, would like to share it with a few
> friends who own business' but they have win xp and are fearful of
> transition to linux.  Can I install on a win xp / 2000 machine?
> Please let me know

GnuCash 1.8 can't be installed on Windows.

GnuCash G2 might be able to install via CygWin. (early days but the design of
G2 does make this likely.)

The easiest answer is to find a bootable CD distro that includes gnucash and
use it that way.

--

Neil Williams

Re: CAn I install on a windows machine?

Ruben De Baets

Hello Steve,

Also Colinux (http://www.colinux.org) does a pretty good job running linux nativly in
windows. Knoppix should work, also Lunar Linux goes very well. Nice thing is you can
install colinux as a windows service and in a network, so you need to install it only once
(and an Xserver on each client-pc).

Greetz,
Ruben

On 24 Oct 2005 at 19:01, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 02:07, Steven Klund wrote:
> > I use GNUCash on my linux pc,,, would like to share it with a few
> > friends who own business' but they have win xp and are fearful of
> > transition to linux.  Can I install on a win xp / 2000 machine?
> > Please let me know
> >

> > Steve Klund
> >

> Certainly, first install qemu (an emulator), then a linux distro, then
> gnucash.
> Although I believe that there are minidistros you can run from a windows
> partition with loadlin.
>
> The short answer is No.
>
> Liz
>
> --
> When you're bored with yourself, marry, and be bored with someone else.
> -- David Pryce-Jones

- --
Ruben De Baets
Keizer Karelstraat 135