Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Rich Shepard
   I wrote too soon earlier today. Gnucash came up part way, then froze.

   I cannot use either of the two versions for which I have Slackware
packages (-2.0.1 or -2.0.4). The reported error when either is invoked is:

gnucash-bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/./libgnome-2.so.0: undefined
symbol: bonobo_activation_get_goption_group

   Since I have no issues building packages, I tried to build the 2.0.4
source tarball, but it fails to configure properly.

   The configure process shows:

checking for guile-config... yes
checking whether guile-config works... yes
checking for sin in -lm... yes
checking for guile libraries... -pthread -lguile -lltdl -L/usr/lib -lgmp
-lcrypt -lm -lltdl
checking for guile headers...  -pthread
checking whether guile works... yes
checking for guile... /usr/local/bin/guile
checking for guile - 1.6.0 <= version < 99.99.99... yes: 1.8.0
checking for guile - 1.8.0 <= version < 99.99.99... yes: 1.8.0
checking for g-wrap-config... /usr/bin/g-wrap-config
checking for g-wrap - version >= 1.3.3... yes
checking for g-wrap compile args... -std=gnu99 checking for g-wrap link args...
-lgwrap-guile-runtime -lgwrap-core-runtime
-lguile -lguile-ltdl -lqthreads -lpthread -lcrypt -lm -lffi
checking for g-wrap module directory... /usr/share/guile/site
checking g-wrap-wct.h usability... no
checking g-wrap-wct.h presence... no
checking for g-wrap-wct.h... no
configure: error:

    cannot find g-wrap-wct.h where g-wrap claims it should be.
    are you on Debian or Ubuntu and still using g-wrap 1.9.6-2?
    See:  http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=330539

   Yesterday, Derek wrote that gnucash will not work with g-wrap-1.9.7, but I
have g-wrap-1.9.6-1 installed.

   I also have guile-1.6.7 and -1.8.0 installed; plenty of libguiles here:

/usr/lib/libguile.so.12
/usr/lib/libguile.so.17
/usr/lib/libguile.so.17.0.0
/usr/local/usr/lib/libguile.so.12
/usr/local/usr/lib/libguile.so.17
/usr/local/usr/lib/libguile.so.12.3.0
/usr/local/usr/lib/libguile.so.17.0.0

   Based on the messages yesterday, I believe that I have the correct
packages ('ldd /usr/bin/gnucash-bin' reports no missing libraries), but I do
not understand where the configuration process wants to find g-wrap-wct.h.

   I'd greatly appreciate advice on this so I can build a working binary
here.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |    The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |          Accelerator(TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>     Voice: 503-667-4517      Fax: 503-667-8863
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Josh Sled
On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 15:52 -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:

>    The configure process shows:
>
> checking for guile-config... yes
> checking whether guile-config works... yes
> checking for sin in -lm... yes
> checking for guile libraries... -pthread -lguile -lltdl -L/usr/lib -lgmp
> -lcrypt -lm -lltdl
> checking for guile headers...  -pthread
> checking whether guile works... yes
> checking for guile... /usr/local/bin/guile
> checking for guile - 1.6.0 <= version < 99.99.99... yes: 1.8.0
> checking for guile - 1.8.0 <= version < 99.99.99... yes: 1.8.0
> checking for g-wrap-config... /usr/bin/g-wrap-config
> checking for g-wrap - version >= 1.3.3... yes
> checking for g-wrap compile args... -std=gnu99 checking for g-wrap link args...
> -lgwrap-guile-runtime -lgwrap-core-runtime
> -lguile -lguile-ltdl -lqthreads -lpthread -lcrypt -lm -lffi
> checking for g-wrap module directory... /usr/share/guile/site
> checking g-wrap-wct.h usability... no
> checking g-wrap-wct.h presence... no
> checking for g-wrap-wct.h... no
> configure: error:
>
>     cannot find g-wrap-wct.h where g-wrap claims it should be.
>     are you on Debian or Ubuntu and still using g-wrap 1.9.6-2?
>     See:  http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=330539
What's the relevant error from near the end of config.log?

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Rich Shepard
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Josh Sled wrote:

> What's the relevant error from near the end of config.log?

Josh,

   Apologies for not including that.

configure:21763: checking whether byte ordering is bigendian
configure:21796: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
configure:21802: $? = 0
configure:21834: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
conftest.c: In function `main':
conftest.c:39: error: `not' undeclared (first use in this function)
conftest.c:39: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
conftest.c:39: error: for each function it appears in.)
conftest.c:39: error: syntax error before "big"
configure:21840: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "gnucash"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "gnucash"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "2.0.4"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "gnucash 2.0.4"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "[hidden email]"
| #define PACKAGE "gnucash"
| #define VERSION "2.0.4"
| #define _GNU_SOURCE 1
| #define GNUCASH_MAJOR_VERSION 2
| #define GNUCASH_MINOR_VERSION 0
| #define GNUCASH_MICRO_VERSION 4
| #define GETTEXT_PACKAGE "gnucash"
| #define STDC_HEADERS 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRING_H 1
| #define HAVE_MEMORY_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
| #define HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
| #define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
| #define HAVE_LOCALE_H 1
| #define HAVE_LC_MESSAGES 1
| #define HAVE_BIND_TEXTDOMAIN_CODESET 1
| #define HAVE_GETTEXT 1
| #define HAVE_DCGETTEXT 1
| #define ENABLE_NLS 1
| #define HAVE_DLFCN_H 1
| /* end confdefs.h.  */

   I can send the whole log if needed.

Thanks,

Rich


--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |    The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |          Accelerator(TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>     Voice: 503-667-4517      Fax: 503-667-8863
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Derek Atkins
I think we need to see more of the error...

-derek

Quoting Rich Shepard <[hidden email]>:

> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Josh Sled wrote:
>
>> What's the relevant error from near the end of config.log?
>
> Josh,
>
>   Apologies for not including that.
>
> configure:21763: checking whether byte ordering is bigendian
> configure:21796: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
> configure:21802: $? = 0
> configure:21834: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
> conftest.c: In function `main':
> conftest.c:39: error: `not' undeclared (first use in this function)
> conftest.c:39: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> conftest.c:39: error: for each function it appears in.)
> conftest.c:39: error: syntax error before "big"
> configure:21840: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
> | /* confdefs.h.  */
> | #define PACKAGE_NAME "gnucash"
> | #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "gnucash"
> | #define PACKAGE_VERSION "2.0.4"
> | #define PACKAGE_STRING "gnucash 2.0.4"
> | #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "[hidden email]"
> | #define PACKAGE "gnucash"
> | #define VERSION "2.0.4"
> | #define _GNU_SOURCE 1
> | #define GNUCASH_MAJOR_VERSION 2
> | #define GNUCASH_MINOR_VERSION 0
> | #define GNUCASH_MICRO_VERSION 4
> | #define GETTEXT_PACKAGE "gnucash"
> | #define STDC_HEADERS 1
> | #define HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H 1
> | #define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1
> | #define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
> | #define HAVE_STRING_H 1
> | #define HAVE_MEMORY_H 1
> | #define HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
> | #define HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
> | #define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
> | #define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
> | #define HAVE_LOCALE_H 1
> | #define HAVE_LC_MESSAGES 1
> | #define HAVE_BIND_TEXTDOMAIN_CODESET 1
> | #define HAVE_GETTEXT 1
> | #define HAVE_DCGETTEXT 1
> | #define ENABLE_NLS 1
> | #define HAVE_DLFCN_H 1
> | /* end confdefs.h.  */
>
>   I can send the whole log if needed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich
>
>
> --
> Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |    The Environmental Permitting
> Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |          Accelerator(TM)
> <http://www.appl-ecosys.com>     Voice: 503-667-4517      Fax: 503-667-8863
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
>



--
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH
       [hidden email]                        PGP key available

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Rich Shepard
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:

> I think we need to see more of the error...

Derek,

   Yes. I believe the real issues start at line 1520. I've attached a gzipped
config.log.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |    The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |          Accelerator(TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>     Voice: 503-667-4517      Fax: 503-667-8863
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

config.log.gz (18K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Derek Atkins
Quoting Rich Shepard <[hidden email]>:

> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> I think we need to see more of the error...
>
> Derek,
>
>   Yes. I believe the real issues start at line 1520. I've attached a gzipped
> config.log.

Couldn't you just have pastebin'd it?  Blah..

> Thanks,
>
> Rich
>

-derek

> --
> Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |    The Environmental Permitting
> Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |          Accelerator(TM)
> <http://www.appl-ecosys.com>     Voice: 503-667-4517      Fax: 503-667-8863



--
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH
       [hidden email]                        PGP key available

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Derek Atkins
In reply to this post by Rich Shepard
Quoting Rich Shepard <[hidden email]>:

> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> I think we need to see more of the error...
>
> Derek,
>
>   Yes. I believe the real issues start at line 1520. I've attached a gzipped
> config.log.

Here's the relevant error:

configure:25969: checking g-wrap-wct.h presence
configure:25984: gcc -E  -pthread -std=gnu99   conftest.c
In file included from /usr/include/g-wrap/ffi-support.h:24,
                 from /usr/include/g-wrap/core-runtime.h:23,
                 from /usr/include/g-wrap/guile-wct.h:23,
                 from /usr/include/g-wrap-wct.h:3,
                 from conftest.c:69:
/usr/include/ffi.h:63:23: ffitarget.h: No such file or directory

You should send this to your distribution -- there's a packaging
error where g-wrap-devel isn't depending on the libffi development
package.  You're missing ffi.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH
       [hidden email]                        PGP key available

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Mark Johnson-2
In reply to this post by Rich Shepard
Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I wrote too soon earlier today. Gnucash came up part way, then froze.
>
>   I cannot use either of the two versions for which I have Slackware
>packages (-2.0.1 or -2.0.4). The reported error when either is invoked is:
>
>gnucash-bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/./libgnome-2.so.0: undefined
>symbol: bonobo_activation_get_goption_group
>  
>
 From the libbonobo Changelog:
2005-09-29  Christian Persch  <[hidden email]>

        * configure.in: Bump version to 2.13.0, and require glib 2.8.0.
        * bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-init.c:
        (bonobo_activation_get_goption_group):
        * bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-init.h: Add
        bonobo_activation_get_goption_group() for use by the GOption
        argument parsing in libgnome.
        Patch by Pawel Sliwowski <[hidden email]>, bug #307312.

Is your libbonobo version at least 2.13?

Mark

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Mark Johnson-2
In reply to this post by Derek Atkins
Derek Atkins wrote:

>Quoting Rich Shepard <[hidden email]>:
>
>  
>
>>On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:
>>
>>    
>>
>>>I think we need to see more of the error...
>>>      
>>>
>>Derek,
>>
>>  Yes. I believe the real issues start at line 1520. I've attached a gzipped
>>config.log.
>>    
>>
>
>Here's the relevant error:
>
>configure:25969: checking g-wrap-wct.h presence
>configure:25984: gcc -E  -pthread -std=gnu99   conftest.c
>In file included from /usr/include/g-wrap/ffi-support.h:24,
>                 from /usr/include/g-wrap/core-runtime.h:23,
>                 from /usr/include/g-wrap/guile-wct.h:23,
>                 from /usr/include/g-wrap-wct.h:3,
>                 from conftest.c:69:
>/usr/include/ffi.h:63:23: ffitarget.h: No such file or directory
>
>You should send this to your distribution -- there's a packaging
>error where g-wrap-devel isn't depending on the libffi development
>package.  You're missing ffi.
>
>-derek
>
>  
>
I did some googling on libffi.  It seems to be included as part of gcc.
Is this relevant?
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=23718
This was reported against gcc 4.0.0, and you are most likely using gcc
3.4.6, but it's possible your ffitarget.h is installed in the wrong
location.  Two guesses. You may need to add a "-Iwhateverdir" to your
CFLAGS.  You may need to pass some target/host/build info to configure.

Mark

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Derek Atkins
Quoting Mark Johnson <[hidden email]>:

> I did some googling on libffi.  It seems to be included as part of gcc.
> Is this relevant?

No.  Unfortunately it is not relevant..

> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=23718
> This was reported against gcc 4.0.0, and you are most likely using
> gcc 3.4.6, but it's possible your ffitarget.h is installed in the
> wrong location.  Two guesses. You may need to add a "-Iwhateverdir"
> to your CFLAGS.  You may need to pass some target/host/build info to
> configure.

Unlikely..  More likely (check the archives of the gnucash lists)
you need some libffi development package installed.  Some distributions
have it packages separately.

> Mark

-derek
--
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH
       [hidden email]                        PGP key available

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

David Reiser

On 14 Feb 2007, at 11:31:53 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Quoting Mark Johnson <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I did some googling on libffi.  It seems to be included as part of  
>> gcc.
>> Is this relevant?
>
> No.  Unfortunately it is not relevant..
>
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=23718
>> This was reported against gcc 4.0.0, and you are most likely using
>> gcc 3.4.6, but it's possible your ffitarget.h is installed in the
>> wrong location.  Two guesses. You may need to add a "-Iwhateverdir"
>> to your CFLAGS.  You may need to pass some target/host/build info to
>> configure.
>
> Unlikely..  More likely (check the archives of the gnucash lists)
> you need some libffi development package installed.  Some  
> distributions
> have it packages separately.

It's also included in the g-wrap 1.9.6 tarball, isn't it? It is a  
very old version from before ffi got included in gcc, hence some  
problems with various platforms. And gcc isn't spending much time on  
compatibility with less-than-wonderfully-current distribs.

>
>> Mark
>
> -derek
> --
Dave
--
David Reiser
[hidden email]

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Derek Atkins
Quoting David Reiser <[hidden email]>:

>> Unlikely..  More likely (check the archives of the gnucash lists)
>> you need some libffi development package installed.  Some  distributions
>> have it packages separately.
>
> It's also included in the g-wrap 1.9.6 tarball, isn't it? It is a  
> very old version from before ffi got included in gcc, hence some  
> problems with various platforms. And gcc isn't spending much time on  
> compatibility with less-than-wonderfully-current distribs.

True..  It's in the g-wrap tarball, too.  but some distributions
still package it separately.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH
       [hidden email]                        PGP key available

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Rich Shepard
In reply to this post by Mark Johnson-2
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Mark Johnson wrote:

> Is your libbonobo version at least 2.13?

Mark,

   It now is.

Thank you,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |    The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |          Accelerator(TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>     Voice: 503-667-4517      Fax: 503-667-8863
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Rich Shepard
In reply to this post by Derek Atkins
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:

> You should send this to your distribution -- there's a packaging error
> where g-wrap-devel isn't depending on the libffi development package.
> You're missing ffi.

derek,

   Thank you, I'll follow up on this.

   When I look for libffi I find

/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/3.4.6/include/libffi
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/3.4.6/include/libffi/ffitarget.h
/usr/lib/libffi.la
/usr/lib/libffi.so
/usr/lib/libffi.so.4
/usr/lib/libffi.a
/usr/lib/libffi-2.00-beta.so

   So I'll ask the folks who put g-wrap together about the problem.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |    The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |          Accelerator(TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>     Voice: 503-667-4517      Fax: 503-667-8863
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Mark Johnson-2
In reply to this post by Derek Atkins
Derek Atkins wrote:

> Quoting Mark Johnson <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I did some googling on libffi.  It seems to be included as part of gcc.
>> Is this relevant?
>
>
> No.  Unfortunately it is not relevant..

Sorry, that was unclear of me.  The question of relevance was about the
bug below, rather than the paragraph above.

>
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=23718
>> This was reported against gcc 4.0.0, and you are most likely using
>> gcc 3.4.6, but it's possible your ffitarget.h is installed in the
>> wrong location.  Two guesses. You may need to add a "-Iwhateverdir"
>> to your CFLAGS.  You may need to pass some target/host/build info to
>> configure.
>
>
> Unlikely..  More likely (check the archives of the gnucash lists)
> you need some libffi development package installed.  Some distributions
> have it packages separately.

Slackware does not have separate -devel packages.  In particular,
Slackware 11.0 does not have any libffi* packages.

As Rich has indicated in a later post, the file ffitarget.h is at:
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/3.4.6/include/libffi/ffitarget.h
This is part of the gcc-3.4.6-i486-1 package, quite likely making the
referenced gcc bug relevant.

Mark

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Mark Johnson-2
In reply to this post by Rich Shepard
Rich Shepard wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>  
>
>>You should send this to your distribution -- there's a packaging error
>>where g-wrap-devel isn't depending on the libffi development package.
>>You're missing ffi.
>>    
>>
>
>derek,
>
>   Thank you, I'll follow up on this.
>
>   When I look for libffi I find
>
>/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/3.4.6/include/libffi
>/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/3.4.6/include/libffi/ffitarget.h
>  
>
This shows that you do have the ffitarget.h file.  You need to ensure
that this path is searched by the compiler.  I'm guessing that adding
something like "-I libffi" to your CFLAGS might do it.  Also,
Slackware's build scripts do their configure like:
$ configure ...... i486-slackware-linux
This results in some warnings, but might be relevant.

>/usr/lib/libffi.la
>/usr/lib/libffi.so
>/usr/lib/libffi.so.4
>/usr/lib/libffi.a
>/usr/lib/libffi-2.00-beta.so
>
>   So I'll ask the folks who put g-wrap together about the problem.
>
>Rich
>
>  
>
Mark

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Rich Shepard
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Mark Johnson wrote:

> This shows that you do have the ffitarget.h file.  You need to ensure that
> this path is searched by the compiler.  I'm guessing that adding something
> like "-I libffi" to your CFLAGS might do it.  Also, Slackware's build scripts
> do their configure like:
> $ configure ...... i486-slackware-linux

Mark,

   The SlackBuild scripts I use, and those I write, don't use that path, but
that's minor.

   The tarball source configures and builds part of the way. The issues seem
to be within the Freerock Gnome packages available in -current. It's not a
Gnucash issue at all any longer. I upgraded Gnome to the most current
packages they have (and slapt-get does handle dependencies nicely), so I
posted the /tmp/gnucash.trace file on the GSB mail list.

   I very much appreciate your help and that of the other developers here.
I'm closing in on getting gnucash to build and make. Then I'll just get back
to using it and spending the time on my business rather than this.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |    The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |          Accelerator(TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>     Voice: 503-667-4517      Fax: 503-667-8863
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.