Branch of gnucash-docs on code.gnucash.org

Branch of gnucash-docs on code.gnucash.org

Frank H. Ellenberger-3
Hi Derek,

I am wondering if building the master branch of gnucash-docs is such a
good solution.

we have one or two documented features of the 2.8 serie in master but
the bulk is done on maint: Almost daily improvements of the russian and
as spinoff german translation - thanks to Dmitry.

If I then forget to run git merge; make check ...
the changes do mot appear the next day.

So if there are no objections I would suggest to build the maint branch
of the docs.

Regards
Frank

Re: Branch of gnucash-docs on code.gnucash.org

Derek Atkins
Um, we DO build the maint branch of gnucash-docs.

-derek

"Frank H. Ellenberger" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> I am wondering if building the master branch of gnucash-docs is such a
> good solution.
>
> we have one or two documented features of the 2.8 serie in master but
> the bulk is done on maint: Almost daily improvements of the russian and
> as spinoff german translation - thanks to Dmitry.
>
> If I then forget to run git merge; make check ...
> the changes do mot appear the next day.
>
> So if there are no objections I would suggest to build the maint branch
> of the docs.
>
> Regards
> Frank

Re: Branch of gnucash-docs on code.gnucash.org

Di Mang
Hello!

I think, the reason for this behavior was the disappeared changes from
"maint" brunch after merging with "master". See topic " strange behavior of
GitHub".

Best Regards,
Dmitriy

Am 27.07.2017 12:43 vorm. schrieb "Derek Atkins" <[hidden email]>:

Um, we DO build the maint branch of gnucash-docs.

-derek

"Frank H. Ellenberger" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> I am wondering if building the master branch of gnucash-docs is such a
> good solution.
>
> we have one or two documented features of the 2.8 serie in master but
> the bulk is done on maint: Almost daily improvements of the russian and
> as spinoff german translation - thanks to Dmitry.
>
> If I then forget to run git merge; make check ...
> the changes do mot appear the next day.
>
> So if there are no objections I would suggest to build the maint branch
> of the docs.
>
> Regards
> Frank

Re: Branch of gnucash-docs on code.gnucash.org

Derek Atkins
Yeah, Frank used hte read-only github repos improperly and tried to
write into them.  But the fact remains that code does use the maint
branch for docs.

-derek