Bill ID <> Billing ID

nssimpson
Hi

Is there any way I can swap around the "Bill ID" and "Billing ID" for all the Vendor invoices we've already inputted?

Cheers

Nick

Re: Bill ID <> Billing ID

I don't think this can be done from within gnucash itself.

Depending on how comfortable you are with python or database programming you
can try to do it
- via the gnucash python bindings (if they are available on your platform)
- by saving your data into a database (from within gnucash->Save as...) do the
manipulations in the db and then saving back to xml from within gnucash.

The usual disclaimer applies when going the database route: if you break
things while manipulating the data directly outside of gnucash, you get to
keep the pieces. So be sure to make a backup before attempting this.

On maandag 15 mei 2017 22:44:16 CEST nssimpson wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there any way I can swap around the "Bill ID" and "Billing ID" for all
> the Vendor invoices we've already inputted?
>
> Cheers
>
> Nick

Re: Bill ID <> Billing ID

nssimpson
Wow, that sounds complicated. I better get my IT guru to take a look.

Cheers for the info.

Nick