Bi-Monthly Scheduled Pmt Not Possible?

Steve Juniper
    Looks like it's not possible to schedule bi-monthly payments (like
our water bills)... right?
    Also, Gnu-cash windows tend to float down and to the right so that
buttons are not visible, making it necessary to each time move them back
up so I can see them. This is the only program I run that has this
problem. Red Hat v. 4.1.18 Mozilla T-Bird v. 1.0.6-1.1fc3 (20050720).

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Bi-Monthly Scheduled Pmt Not Possible?

Derek Atkins
Sure it is.  Just set it for "monthly x 2"

The "float down" is most likely an artifact of gtk1 and your window manager.

-derek

Quoting JUNIPER <[hidden email]>:

>    Looks like it's not possible to schedule bi-monthly payments (like
> our water bills)... right?
>    Also, Gnu-cash windows tend to float down and to the right so that
> buttons are not visible, making it necessary to each time move them
> back up so I can see them. This is the only program I run that has
> this problem. Red Hat v. 4.1.18 Mozilla T-Bird v. 1.0.6-1.1fc3
> (20050720).
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Re: Bi-Monthly Scheduled Pmt Not Possible?

Josh Sled
On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 09:18 -0700, JUNIPER wrote:
>     Looks like it's not possible to schedule bi-monthly payments (like
> our water bills)... right?

There're both bi-weekly and semi-monthly options.
Is neither appropriate?

...jsled
--
http://asynchronous.org/ - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`

Re: Bi-Monthly Scheduled Pmt Not Possible?

Please be sure to CC gnucash-user on all replies...

Quoting JUNIPER <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks! I should have tried the "advanced" window before posing my
> question. There I was given the "monthly" option and have set things
> up accordingly.

You're welcome..

> However, I don't know what gtk1 is. Is this something unique to
> gnucash? I have no such problem anywhere else.

GTK is the GIMP ToolKit.  It's the graphical widget set gnucash is
based on. Gtk1 is the "version 1" of gtk, as opposed to gtk2, the
"version 2".  At this
point, yes, it is rather unique to gnucash -- pretty much everything else has
been ported to gtk2.  The gnucash port hasn't finished.  It's likely that once
gnucash is at gtk2 this problem will go away.

> Appreciatively,
>
> Steve

Re: Bi-Monthly Scheduled Pmt Not Possible?

Derek Atkins
Well, how did you send this original question to the list in the
first place?  What have *I* been putting in the CC field of these
messages back to you?

Perhaps you should click "Reply to All" or "Reply to List" instead
of "Reply"?

-derek