Banking don't appear after GC-2 installation

Banking don't appear after GC-2 installation

hdbender-2
I installed GC-2 on my PC, and it's running. But in the tools menue I couldn't find hbci banking even all files were installed. So I uninstalled totally all of them , using synaptics. But after reinstallation nothing had changed. What can I do to repair this?
Regards - hdbender

Re: Banking don't appear after GC-2 installation

Derek Atkins
What distro?
This is because you didn't ./configure --enable-hbci

-derek

Quoting hdbender <[hidden email]>:

> I installed GC-2 on my PC, and it's running. But in the tools menue I
> couldn't find hbci banking even all files were installed. So I uninstalled
> totally all of them , using synaptics. But after reinstallation nothing had
> changed. What can I do to repair this?
> Regards - hdbender

Re: Banking don't appear after GC-2 installation

Derek Atkins
Please remember to CC gnucash-user on all replies...

Heinz-Dieter Bender <[hidden email]> writes:

> Thank you for the speed response. I'm using Kubuntu 6.10
> I know now why it happened.
> Can I repair it just by doing ./configure --enable-hbci or do I have to
> remove GC and Aqbanking first?
> Thank you in advance - hdbender

Please check the email archives for "gnucash and aqbanking on debian
and ubuntu".  There are some people who still believe that
distributing GnuCash with AqBanking is violating licenses, and
Debian's uber-anal policies have kept that out.  So, they probably
don't ship a gnucash-hbci module anymore.

You can either find-and-install the gnucash-hbci module, or you can
remove the gnucash binary package and then build gnucash from source.
I recommend talking to your distribution and complaining to them about
not distributing gnucash-hbci.

Re: Banking don't appear after GC-2 installation

Nigel Titley
Derek Atkins wrote:

> Please check the email archives for "gnucash and aqbanking on debian
> and ubuntu".  There are some people who still believe that
> distributing GnuCash with AqBanking is violating licenses, and
> Debian's uber-anal policies have kept that out.  So, they probably
> don't ship a gnucash-hbci module anymore.
>
> You can either find-and-install the gnucash-hbci module, or you can
> remove the gnucash binary package and then build gnucash from source.
> I recommend talking to your distribution and complaining to them about
> not distributing gnucash-hbci.

Hmm, dapper seems to have a whole bunch of libaqbanking packages
available so I don't think its a licensing issue.

Quoting Nigel Titley <[hidden email]>:

> Hmm, dapper seems to have a whole bunch of libaqbanking packages
> available so I don't think its a licensing issue.

The issue is that supposedly "gnucash + aqbanking" violates licenses,
even if aqbanking alone doesn't, and even though gnucash itself doesn't
know (or care) that aqbanking indirectly links against OpenSSL.