Alt T in the Main Menu area generates report, instead of showing Tools pull down.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Alt T in the Main Menu area generates report, instead of showing Tools pull down.

Ben Pracht
Hello,

Anyway, when I'm at what I call the main menu, where the menu bar says
"File, Edit, View, Tools, Reports, etc", if I type Alt-T, it generates
an Account Summary report.  I'd rather it gave me the Tools menu, since
that's what the underscore under the T in tools implies.  It's only
after doing Alt-R that I see that Alt-T is the Account Summary report.
I think changing Alt-T to bring down the Tools menu would make the GUI
more consistent.

Regards,
Ben Pracht


[hidden email] wrote:

> Send gnucash-user mailing list submissions to
> [hidden email]
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> [hidden email]
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> [hidden email]
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of gnucash-user digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Bi-Monthly Scheduled Pmt Not Possible? (JUNIPER)
>    2. Re: Bi-Monthly Scheduled Pmt Not Possible? (Derek Atkins)
>    3. Re: GnuCash and Postgres (Carlos Correia)
>    4. Re: Bi-Monthly Scheduled Pmt Not Possible? (Josh Sled)
>    5. Re: GnuCash and Postgres (Derek Atkins)
>    6. RE: GnuCash and Postgres (ted creedon)
>    7. RE: GnuCash and Postgres (Derek Atkins)
>    8. RE: GnuCash and Postgres (Josh Sled)
>    9. Re: Bi-Monthly Scheduled Pmt Not Possible? (Derek Atkins)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:18:20 -0700
> From: JUNIPER <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Bi-Monthly Scheduled Pmt Not Possible?
> To: [hidden email]
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
>     Looks like it's not possible to schedule bi-monthly payments (like
> our water bills)... right?
>     Also, Gnu-cash windows tend to float down and to the right so that
> buttons are not visible, making it necessary to each time move them back
> up so I can see them. This is the only program I run that has this
> problem. Red Hat v. 4.1.18 Mozilla T-Bird v. 1.0.6-1.1fc3 (20050720).
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:25:31 -0400
> From: Derek Atkins <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: Bi-Monthly Scheduled Pmt Not Possible?
> To: JUNIPER <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format="flowed"
>
> Sure it is.  Just set it for "monthly x 2"
>
> The "float down" is most likely an artifact of gtk1 and your window manager.
>
> -derek
>
> Quoting JUNIPER <[hidden email]>:
>
>
>>   Looks like it's not possible to schedule bi-monthly payments (like
>>our water bills)... right?
>>   Also, Gnu-cash windows tend to float down and to the right so that
>>buttons are not visible, making it necessary to each time move them
>>back up so I can see them. This is the only program I run that has
>>this problem. Red Hat v. 4.1.18 Mozilla T-Bird v. 1.0.6-1.1fc3
>>(20050720).
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Steve
>>_______________________________________________
>>gnucash-user mailing list
>>[hidden email]
>>https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
>>
>
>
>
>

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Alt T in the Main Menu area generates report, instead of showing Tools pull down.

Beth Leonard
On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 09:50:08PM -0400, Ben Pracht wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Anyway, when I'm at what I call the main menu, where the menu bar says
> "File, Edit, View, Tools, Reports, etc", if I type Alt-T, it generates
> an Account Summary report.  I'd rather it gave me the Tools menu, since
> that's what the underscore under the T in tools implies.  It's only
> after doing Alt-R that I see that Alt-T is the Account Summary report.
> I think changing Alt-T to bring down the Tools menu would make the GUI
> more consistent.

When I hit Alt-T, it works like you think it should.  Is it possible
that you accidently defined a keyboard shortcut of Alt-T to the
Account Summary report?  If you did, to get rid of it, press the
delete key while the menu item is highlighted.  From the tutorial
section 2.3.7:

  GnuCash, as a Gnome application, also allows you to define your own menu
  shortcuts. To define a shortcut, click on the menu header and move the
  mouse pointer over the menu item. While the menu item is highlighted,
  press a key or key combination to set the shortcut. You should now see
  your shortcut choice next to the item in the menu. To delete a shortcut,
  press the Delete key while the menu item is highlighted.

  http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v1.8/C/gnucash-guide/basics_interface1.html#basics_options2

When I tried re-assigning Alt-T to generate a report instead, hitting
Alt-T generated the report.  After I deleted that shortcut, Alt-T
did nothing until I exited gnucash and restarted.  After that, it worked
as expected again.  That's probably a bug, but so minor I'm not sure
it's even worth filing.

--Beth
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+                             Beth Leonard                          +
+       O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave              +
+       O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?        +
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user