Alphavantage

Les Elliott
I have tried for several days to update stocks, currencies, etc. The
last update I received for currencies was 02/13/2018 and the last update
for stocks was 02/23/2018. I have an Alphavantage API key and it was
added to the end of my environment file.

I am on LInux Mint 18.2 and GC 2.7.17 (getdebs).  I also have the lasted
F::Q update I have set all my stocks to unknown: Alphavantage.  My
stocks are listed on Asx Tsx and others.  My currencies are AUD, CAD,
CHF, HKD, CNY, SGD, MOP, THB and USD.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Les

I have the same setup on the latest MacOS and GC 2.6.19.  Same results.

Re: Alphavantage

Wm-3
On 02/03/2018 23:54, Les wrote:

> I have tried for several days to update stocks, currencies, etc. The
> last update I received for currencies was 02/13/2018 and the last update
> for stocks was 02/23/2018. I have an Alphavantage API key and it was
> added to the end of my environment file.
>
> I am on LInux Mint 18.2 and GC 2.7.17 (getdebs).  I also have the lasted
> F::Q update I have set all my stocks to unknown: Alphavantage.  My
> stocks are listed on Asx Tsx and others.  My currencies are AUD, CAD,
> CHF, HKD, CNY, SGD, MOP, THB and USD.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Les
>
> I have the same setup on the latest MacOS and GC 2.6.19.  Same results.

I think alphavantage may have bitten off more than they can chew as I
(and I presume others) sometimes get prices and at other times don't.

I presume you know alphavantage isn't actually anything to do with gnc
as such ?

The only advice I have is "leave it for a bit and try again at least an
hour later".  Yes, I know that doesn't seem very helpful but I think it
is the right advice and at least you know it isn't personal :)

P.S. If you haven't ever got a price for something that is a different
query.

--
Wm