Advanced Portfolio report

Leslie Katz
I've set up an "Advanced Portfolio" report in my "Shares" file.

I've read the section in the guide called "Making Stock Value Reports"
and the section in the help called "Using Reports and Charts". There's
reference in them to customising reports using the "Options" button.

Is there a particular file which represents my report? If so, is it in
human-readable form? If so, could a person with sufficient knowledge
edit that file to customise my report to a greater extent than is
permitted by using the "Options" button?

Re: Advanced Portfolio report

Andrew Sackville-West
On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 06:01:28 +1100
Leslie Katz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've set up an "Advanced Portfolio" report in my "Shares" file.
>
> I've read the section in the guide called "Making Stock Value Reports"
> and the section in the help called "Using Reports and Charts". There's
> reference in them to customising reports using the "Options" button.
>
> Is there a particular file which represents my report?

if you save the report (using a custom name!!!!) then it is in ~/.gnucash/saved-reports-1.8 (?). If you are using a stock report, it is in (on my debian machine) /usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/

> If so, is it in human-readable form?

yes, assuming you are human and can read Scheme... :)

>If so, could a person with sufficient knowledge
> edit that file to customise my report to a greater extent than is
> permitted by using the "Options" button?

yes. Google gnucash custom reports I think will get you started.