Active Save Button on start up

Robert Fewell-2
Hi,

Over the last few weeks I have noticed that my test file always starts with
the save button active. If I immediately save and close, then load the file
again it comes back active.

Created a new empty file, all is well, added one simple transaction, all is
well, scheduled that transaction to be weekly I get the active save all the
time.

Looking at the commits in master, this one seems to be likely,

https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/3367e191c8072fe4e49b06c1e99d43f7fde0304f

So the first question is, this should not happen right, if the scrub
function fixes any thing then the save should save these changes and so it
should not find any problems on the next load ?

The other thing that I do not understand is when you look at that commit
and compare it to the source file they are different but I can not find any
subsequent changes to make it so.

Regards,

   Bob

Re: Active Save Button on start up

John Ralls-2

> On Apr 22, 2017, at 4:26 AM, Robert Fewell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Over the last few weeks I have noticed that my test file always starts with
> the save button active. If I immediately save and close, then load the file
> again it comes back active.
>
> Created a new empty file, all is well, added one simple transaction, all is
> well, scheduled that transaction to be weekly I get the active save all the
> time.
>
> Looking at the commits in master, this one seems to be likely,
>
> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/3367e191c8072fe4e49b06c1e99d43f7fde0304f
>

> So the first question is, this should not happen right, if the scrub
> function fixes any thing then the save should save these changes and so it
> should not find any problems on the next load ?
>
> The other thing that I do not understand is when you look at that commit
> and compare it to the source file they are different but I can not find any
> subsequent changes to make it so.

Bob,

Thanks for noticing and pursuing this.

The scrub shouldn't get called at all if there aren't any SXes in the book, so clearly the template_root check isn't limiting the scrub to only SX splits.
Since it's recurring it would also seem that the "changed" check is succeeding when it shouldn't.

As for the commit, it's on maint and required some changes in the merge commit [1] to master because of private-kvp.

[1] https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/baef4029b20a52c6690744d52034ef9283a9383b <https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/baef4029b20a52c6690744d52034ef9283a9383b>

Re: Active Save Button on start up

Robert Fewell-2
John,

Drat, I did not see it there, should of looked more closely. I will
investigate and see what I come up with.

Bob