Ability to reconcile a cash account, changed?

Ability to reconcile a cash account, changed?

randix
So I'm using Windows 10, GnuCash 2.6.11.

Since Adam & Eve (ok, perhaps a slight exaggeration), I have been reconciling my cash account, periodically, by simply bringing up the account, and hitting the "Reconcile" button on the menu that goes across the screen above the tabs that list the various accounts.  I haven't done it in several months.  Today I see that the "Reconcile" button is greyed out (or is that grayed?).  It is not greyed out on any of my other accounts.  Was there a change that no longer permits a cash account to be reconciled, or am I being introduced to early dementia and just don't recall how I've gone about it in the past?  If I click on Actions, the reconcile option also appears greyed out there.  As indicated this only affects my cash account, none of my other accounts are impacted, and indeed I can reconcile them just fine.

Thanks.  Why do I feel someone is going to point out a very simple explanation, and I promise I'll be gracious (hitting my head on the wall after I've logged off the forum).