ANNOUNCE: [MAINT] Server reboot this afternoon

ANNOUNCE: [MAINT] Server reboot this afternoon

I need to reboot the VM server that runs code.gnucash.org and the win32
build machine this afternoon in order to test some changes (to make sure
it will come back unattended).  I expect to reboot the machine around
2pm US/EDT (1800UTC) and hopefully it'll come back immediately.  (If
not, I suspect it'll be down for several hours).  During this time
email, wiki, and git pushes will all be unavailable.  WWW service will
not be affected.

Sorry for the short notice.
Please let me know if this will be a problem.

I'll be on IRC for status updates.

Re: ANNOUNCE: [MAINT] Server reboot this afternoon

Derek Atkins-3
This happened without a hitch.  The VM Host took to the new configuration
without any issues.  I also took the time to upgrade code to current
kernel and software releases (which required a second reboot) and upgrade
the code VM to 6G of ram (up from from 4).  Everything was back up finally
at 14:53 EDT (1853 UTC).

Please let me know if you see any issues.

Enjoy

-derek

On Sun, April 20, 2014 8:36 am, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to reboot the VM server that runs code.gnucash.org and the win32
> build machine this afternoon in order to test some changes (to make sure
> it will come back unattended).  I expect to reboot the machine around
> 2pm US/EDT (1800UTC) and hopefully it'll come back immediately.  (If
> not, I suspect it'll be down for several hours).  During this time
> email, wiki, and git pushes will all be unavailable.  WWW service will
> not be affected.
>
> Sorry for the short notice.
> Please let me know if this will be a problem.
>
> I'll be on IRC for status updates.
>
> Thanks,

>        Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
>        Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
>        [hidden email]                        PGP key available

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745