ANNOUNCE: [MAINT] Planned GnuCash server outage Dec 21-22 (exact time TBD)

ANNOUNCE: [MAINT] Planned GnuCash server outage Dec 21-22 (exact time TBD)

There will be a service outage of code.gnucash.org, the GnuCash
"everything" server over the weekend of Dec 21-22 in order to install
more RAM into the underlying server hardware.  The outage should be no
more than 30 minutes long.  Exact timing of the outage is still TBD.

During this outage there will be no access to Subversion, Git-Commit,
Email, Wiki, IRC Logs, or any other services that live on 'code' (aka svn).

Please let me know if there are specific time windows that would cause
issues for your work.

PS: I'm also planning another outage later in the month to migrate
'code' to a new OS.  More on that once that migration gets closer.

Re: ANNOUNCE: [MAINT] Planned GnuCash server outage Dec 21 (1:30-4pm US/EST)

I'll be performing this maintenance on Saturday, December 21 between
1:30-4:00pm US/EST (1830-2100 UTC).  I expect the downtime to be only
~30 minutes.  I'll send email and make an announcement on #gnucash (IRC)
before the servers go out and again when it comes back (hopefully with
twice the RAM).

Thanks

-derek

Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> There will be a service outage of code.gnucash.org, the GnuCash
> "everything" server over the weekend of Dec 21-22 in order to install
> more RAM into the underlying server hardware.  The outage should be no
> more than 30 minutes long.  Exact timing of the outage is still TBD.
>
> During this outage there will be no access to Subversion, Git-Commit,
> Email, Wiki, IRC Logs, or any other services that live on 'code' (aka svn).
>
> Please let me know if there are specific time windows that would cause
> issues for your work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -derek
>
> PS: I'm also planning another outage later in the month to migrate
> 'code' to a new OS.  More on that once that migration gets closer.

ANNOUNCE: Server Outage starting SOON (was Re: [MAINT] Planned GnuCash server outage Dec 21 (1:30-4pm US/EST))

This server maintenance is about to being momentarily.  While the server
is down access to email, email archives, wiki, subversion, git-commit,
trac, irc-logs, etc will be unavailable.  For real-time status updates
please check on the #gnucash IRC channel in irc.gnome.org.

I'll send another email when everything is back up.

-derek

Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'll be performing this maintenance on Saturday, December 21 between
> 1:30-4:00pm US/EST (1830-2100 UTC).  I expect the downtime to be only
> ~30 minutes.  I'll send email and make an announcement on #gnucash (IRC)
> before the servers go out and again when it comes back (hopefully with
> twice the RAM).
>
> Thanks
>
> -derek
>
> Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There will be a service outage of code.gnucash.org, the GnuCash
>> "everything" server over the weekend of Dec 21-22 in order to install
>> more RAM into the underlying server hardware.  The outage should be no
>> more than 30 minutes long.  Exact timing of the outage is still TBD.
>>
>> During this outage there will be no access to Subversion, Git-Commit,
>> Email, Wiki, IRC Logs, or any other services that live on 'code' (aka svn).
>>
>> Please let me know if there are specific time windows that would cause
>> issues for your work.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -derek
>>
>> PS: I'm also planning another outage later in the month to migrate
>> 'code' to a new OS.  More on that once that migration gets closer.

ANNOUNCE: Maintenance Complete (was Re: [MAINT] Planned GnuCash server outage Dec 21 (1:30-4pm US/EST))

The outage lasted an hour, but everything is back up and running
smoothly now.  Please let me know if you have any issues.