ANNOUNCE: [MAINT] GnuCash Server Migration: Sunday, Jan 22, 1900Z

ANNOUNCE: [MAINT] GnuCash Server Migration: Sunday, Jan 22, 1900Z

This Sunday, January 22 at approximately 2pm US/EST (1900Z) I will be
taking the current gnucash server, code.gnucash.org, offline in order to
migrate its services to a new server on faster, more modern hardware.
Considering MOST of the data has already been copied over I suspect the
real downtime will be relatively short as only changes in the past week
will need to get copied.

During the time of the outage git, wiki, and email services will all be
offline.  Email should get queued up properly so there shouldn't be any
email loss.  But during the outage access to the wiki, email archives,
and git commit services will be unavailable.  The services on
www.gnucash.org will be unaffected.

On Sunday I will make updates on IRC as I process the migration, and
I'll send another email when I believe the new system is up and ready.
I'm expecting total downtime to be less than an hour.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or helpful
suggestions.

Thanks!

ANNOUNCE: [MAINT] Migration Complete

The server migration is complete (technically it completed around 3:30
pm US/EST, modulo a few additional background data copies).  The new
server is definitely more responsive.  If you find missing functionality
please let me know!

Happy GnuCashing!

-derek