The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.6.4, the fourth maintenance release in the 2.6-stable series.
Between 2.6.3 and 2.6.4, the following bugfixes were accomplished:
• Bug #120199 - Incorrect sort order in "Sort by Statement Date".
• Bug #434462 - register color don't work correct with system theme color.
• Bug #509263 - Since Last Run dialog won't allow resizing of Status column.
• Bug #610202 - gnucash silently closes when no X11/$DISPLAY is present.
• Bug #630638 - 'Process payment' should allow to select equity accounts for payment
• Bug #671615 - French: 'New Customer' button in Find Customer dialog is translated to 'Nouvel onglet'
• Bug #688965 - Page Up, Page Down keys cause GnuCash to hang.
• Bug #692249 - Add Help button in Custom Reports dialog box,
• Bug #695240 - mortgage wizard empty table.
• Bug #707243 - Hard-coded font colors in account tree?
• Bug #711440 - Tab labels have different background colour than containing gui element.
• Bug #711567 - Cannot save a custom report if a path contain diacritic chars
• Bug #719457 - Template for Home Mortgage Loan isn't properly nested.
• Bug #719457 - Template for Home Mortgage Loan isn't properly nested.
• Bug #720427 - Review of french account templates
• Bug #720934 - Barcharts with many data points have overlapping x-axis labels.
• Bug #722140 - Add option to control inclusion of trading accounts in cash flow report.
• Bug #722200 - configure script does not pick the correct am_cv_scanf version.
• Bug #723145 - Currency display does not respect locale.
• Bug #723442 - Report Options - Report Name too short.
• Bug #725054 - Re-numbering sub accounts crashes the program.
• Bug #725366 - Formula Parsing Error with Scheduled Mortgage Transactions
• Bug #726449 - Budget Barchart does not show up if running sum is selected.
• Bug #726888 - cancel button is available on all pages of assistant.
• Bug #727130 - Crash when newline in Report Title
• Bug #727338 - Translation and Account file updates for Latvian.
• Bug #728103 - Invoice opened does not contain the Job under circumstances.
• Bug #728717 - Ubuntu 14.04 - GNUcash crashes on close.
• Bug #728841 - XML backend does not always store KVP slots.
• Bug #729157 - Bill Term discount days are allowed to be more than due days.
• Bug #729497 - Saved Report Configuration selection window resize.
• Bug #730255 - Python bindings: Assigns bill entries to non-existant invoice.
• Bug #731519 - The fix sets the upper limit before it sets the value of the end row spin button.
• Bug #733107 - Search for reconcile status doesn't work right.
• Bug #733283 - [PATCH] Loss of fractions when importing OFX investment transactions.
• Bug #733506 - (ForwadDisableQIF) The forward button is not active even though a file is selected.
• Bug #734183 - Set all of the denominators correctly on the currency values.
• Bug #736703 - Scheduled transaction are registered without credit/debit.
• Bug #732545 - gnucash-2.6.3 segfaults when started.
Some other fixes not associated with reported bugs were accomplished:
Translations Updated: Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, Konkani (includes replacing Raman character set with Devangari) ,Latvian, Marathi, Tamil,
New Translations: Bodo, Hindi, Kashmiri, Telugu, Urdu. Thanks to The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Pune, India. Translation Team Leader: Chandrakant Dhutadmal
Concurrent with the release of Gnucash 2.6.4 we're pleased to also release a new version 2.6.4 of the companion Help and Tutorial and Concepts Guide.
• Add sentence about manually editing payment information for customers.
• Add warning and tip about account separator character.
• Correct field format in python-import-fields.
• Currency movements .. remain fully balanced if "Trading Accounts" is enabled; "double entry" was not sufficient.
• Ersetze umgangssprachliches "Passiva" durch "Fremdkapital" und zugehÃ¶riges Bild
• German translation of Transactions chapter.
• Guide C oview: update processor architecture: "backport" from de
• Guide C txns: Add a warning about dummy transactions and auditors.
• Guide C txns: Thinking is not enough for the cleared state of an transaction
• Guide C txns: Upgrade note to warning "It is important to understand that reconciliation..."
• Guide C txns: explain reconcilation state "cleared"; improved wordening by lmat
• Guide de ch_accts: Several minor corrections.
• Guide de ch_basics: several corrections.
• Guide de ch_oview: orthography and processor architecture update.
• Guide de ch_txns: several improvements, txns-sxn1 complete.
• Help Documentation: Add Advanced Portfolio Rpt details, Thanks to Chris Good
• Improve explanation that Credit does NOT decrease equity accounts
• Improve readability of "Credit does NOT decrease ...".
• New chapters in the German translation: Overview, Basics, and Accounts. Thanks to Mechtilde.
• Reduced proportional width of description column to increase overall font size for a 510 pixel width image.
• Remove a few discrepancies between the german guide overview and other components.
• Update of translators in gnucash-guide-de.omf
• Updated documentation to explain how to tie dividends received in cash to the appropriate stock holding.
Getting GnuCash for Windows (Win32 binary)
The Gnucash 2.6.4 Win32 setup executable can be downloaded from Sourceforge. It will install everything needed to run GnuCash.
Mac OSX binary
The Gnucash 2.6.4 MacOS X Intel and PPC packages can be downloaded from Sourceforge as well.
Getting GnuCash as source code
If you want to compile GnuCash 2.6.4 for yourself, the source code can be downloaded from:
• Sourceforge: bzip2, all files.
• You can also checkout the sources directly from the git repository as described here.
To compile GnuCash from the source code by yourself, you will need at least Gnome 2, Guile, and slib. In addition you will need swig if compiling from git. Please consult the README file in the sources for the exact list of dependencies and versions.
Reading the documentation online
An online version of the documentation is available on the Documentation page of the GnuCash website. The 2.6.4 documentation can be found under "GnuCash v2.6 (current stable release)" in multiple languages.
Getting GnuCash Documentation in pdf, epub or mobi formats
The documentation can equally be downloaded in pdf, epub or mobi formats from the Documentation page of the GnuCash website. The 2.6.4 documentation can be found under "GnuCash v2.6 (current stable release)" in multiple languages.
Getting GnuCash Documentation as source code
If you want to compile the GnuCash Documentation 2.6.4 for yourself, the source code can be downloaded from:
• You can also checkout the sources directly from the subversion repository as described here.
About the Program
GnuCash is a free, open source accounting program released under the GNU General Public License (GPL) and available for GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris, Mac OSX and Microsoft Windows. Programming on GnuCash began in 1997, and its first stable release was in 1998.
gnucash-announce mailing list
[hidden email] https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-announce
> Have you tried the 2.6.4-2 dmg image John has uploaded about an hour ago
> On Monday 29 September 2014 12:15:15 David Gillam wrote:
>> Yes. 2.6.4 crashes reliably on my OSX 10.9.5 (Mavericks) system.
>> 2.6.3 works properly.
>> On Sep 29, 2014, at 12:07 PM, Michael Hendry
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> On 28 Sep 2014, at 22:44, John Ralls <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>> The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.6.4, the
>>>> fourth maintenance release in the 2.6-stable series.>
>>>> Mac OSX binary
>>>> The Gnucash 2.6.4 MacOS X Intel and PPC packages can be downloaded
>>>> from Sourceforge as well.>
>>> I downloaded Gnucash-Intel-2.6.4-2.dmg, opened it, and copied
>>> Gnucash.app into the Applications folder, as usual.
>>> When I first ran the new version, it took a long time (several
>>> minutes) to load, coming up with the registers I’d been working on
>>> last time I used the program.
>>> I shut it down, and tried running it again - thinking that there
>>> must be some one-off work being done to cope with the upgrade. This
>>> time the program said it was “Loading…” for five or six seconds,
>>> and then shut down.
>>> I’ve tried again a few times, but with the same result.
Looks like there's something missing from the bundle that Guile-2.0 needs. I'm working on it.