1.9: OFX Direct Connect

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

1.9: OFX Direct Connect

Don Levey-3
I've seen reference to the (new) OFX Direct Connect tool in 1.9
(http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2006-February/015828.html).

I am running with libofx 0.8.0-2.2, and aqbanking 1.8.1beta-3.1, and GnuCash
1.9.0 build 2006-02-14 from r13156.  I don't see either OFX Direct Connect
or the HBCI setup I used to have in 1.8.  The included help doesn't appear
to come up for me, the FAQ on the wiki seems current for 1.8 (which of
course makes sense) and I haven't found references via Google or the archive
search.

I've seen reference to a python script which would download the data, but I
was under the impression that 1.9 would have this feature (or a link to it)
within.  What step have I missed?

 -Don
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 1.9: OFX Direct Connect

Derek Atkins
did you --enable-ofx and --enable-hbci when you configured 1.9?

-derek

Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:

> I've seen reference to the (new) OFX Direct Connect tool in 1.9
> (http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2006-February/015828.html).
>
> I am running with libofx 0.8.0-2.2, and aqbanking 1.8.1beta-3.1, and GnuCash
> 1.9.0 build 2006-02-14 from r13156.  I don't see either OFX Direct Connect
> or the HBCI setup I used to have in 1.8.  The included help doesn't appear
> to come up for me, the FAQ on the wiki seems current for 1.8 (which of
> course makes sense) and I haven't found references via Google or the archive
> search.
>
> I've seen reference to a python script which would download the data, but I
> was under the impression that 1.9 would have this feature (or a link to it)
> within.  What step have I missed?
>
> -Don
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
>



--
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH
       [hidden email]                        PGP key available

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 1.9: OFX Direct Connect

David Reiser
In reply to this post by Don Levey-3
Don Levey wrote:

> I've seen reference to the (new) OFX Direct Connect tool in 1.9
> (http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2006-February/015828.html).
>
> I am running with libofx 0.8.0-2.2, and aqbanking 1.8.1beta-3.1, and GnuCash
> 1.9.0 build 2006-02-14 from r13156.  I don't see either OFX Direct Connect
> or the HBCI setup I used to have in 1.8.  The included help doesn't appear
> to come up for me, the FAQ on the wiki seems current for 1.8 (which of
> course makes sense) and I haven't found references via Google or the archive
> search.
>
> I've seen reference to a python script which would download the data, but I
> was under the impression that 1.9 would have this feature (or a link to it)
> within.  What step have I missed?
>
>  -Don

 From the Readme in aqbanking:

"For the OFX Direct Connect back end even a newer version of LibOFX is
needed (at least >=0.8.1)"

Which means you'll have to get libofx from CVS and compile it. There was
a hack Martin Preuss needed to add to libofx to get it to mesh with the
aqbanking routines for the direct connect functions. Libofx hasn't
released a tarball beyond 0.8.0.

I'm having ssl problems with gwenhywfar on my mac, but it looks like
aqbanking/libofx are going to work really well with gnucash >=1.9.

--
David Reiser
[hidden email]

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: 1.9: OFX Direct Connect

Don Levey-3
David Reiser wrote:

>
>  From the Readme in aqbanking:
>
> "For the OFX Direct Connect back end even a newer version of LibOFX is
> needed (at least >=0.8.1)"
>
> Which means you'll have to get libofx from CVS and compile it. There
> was a hack Martin Preuss needed to add to libofx to get it to mesh
> with the aqbanking routines for the direct connect functions. Libofx
> hasn't released a tarball beyond 0.8.0.
>
> I'm having ssl problems with gwenhywfar on my mac, but it looks like
> aqbanking/libofx are going to work really well with gnucash >=1.9.

Ah, thank you!  It looks like I didn't configure with the --enable-ofx
and --enable-hbci flags when I built 1.9, as Derek mentioned; for some
reason I expected it to just build in (I didn't see these options in the
README files either).

But from what you're saying, I wouldn't be seeing it anyway due to my
version of libofx.  This is also helpful; I'll see if I can figure out how
to download a usable package from CVS so I can build it (I've got the
instructions around here somewhere...).

Thanks again!
 -Don
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: 1.9: OFX Direct Connect

Don Levey-3
In reply to this post by David Reiser
Dave Reiser wrote:
> Don Levey wrote:
>> I've seen reference to the (new) OFX Direct Connect tool in 1.9
>>
(http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2006-February/015828.html).

>>
>> I am running with libofx 0.8.0-2.2, and aqbanking 1.8.1beta-3.1, and
>> GnuCash
>> 1.9.0 build 2006-02-14 from r13156.  I don't see either OFX Direct
>> Connect or the HBCI setup I used to have in 1.8.  The included help
>> doesn't appear to come up for me, the FAQ on the wiki seems current
>> for 1.8 (which of course makes sense) and I haven't found references
>> via Google or the archive search.
>>
>> I've seen reference to a python script which would download the
>> data, but I was under the impression that 1.9 would have this
>> feature (or a link to it) within.  What step have I missed?
>>
>>  -Don
>
>  From the Readme in aqbanking:
>
> "For the OFX Direct Connect back end even a newer version of LibOFX is
> needed (at least >=0.8.1)"
>

I've downloaded and built/installed libofx from CVS.  However, building RPMs
from this (they thoughtfully provided an RPM rule for make) did NOT produce
libofx-devel, just libofx and libofx-debug.  I went ahead and installed
anyway, rebuilt GnuCash, and while the Import OFX option still appears, the
OFX Direct Connect does not.

I am assuming, at this point, that I need to rebuild the aqbanking packages
with the new libofx in place.  I'll do that and report back.

 -Don
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: 1.9: OFX Direct Connect

Don Levey-3
Don Levey wrote:

>
> I am assuming, at this point, that I need to rebuild the aqbanking
> packages with the new libofx in place.  I'll do that and report back.
>
>  -Don

Oops, can't do that.  The aqbanking packages need the libofx-devel package
which wasn't built along with the other two.  I'll keep pounding on this...
 -Don
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: 1.9: OFX Direct Connect

Derek Atkins
Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:

> Don Levey wrote:
>
>>
>> I am assuming, at this point, that I need to rebuild the aqbanking
>> packages with the new libofx in place.  I'll do that and report back.
>>
>>  -Don
>
> Oops, can't do that.  The aqbanking packages need the libofx-devel package
> which wasn't built along with the other two.  I'll keep pounding on this...
> -Don

Why don't you take the Fedora libofx.spec and modify it to 0.8.1
and run "make dist" in the libofx SVN tree to get a tarball?

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH
       [hidden email]                        PGP key available

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 1.9: OFX Direct Connect

David Reiser
In reply to this post by Don Levey-3
Don Levey wrote:
> Dave Reiser wrote:
[snip]
>
>
> I've downloaded and built/installed libofx from CVS.  However, building RPMs
> from this (they thoughtfully provided an RPM rule for make) did NOT produce
> libofx-devel, just libofx and libofx-debug.  I went ahead and installed
> anyway, rebuilt GnuCash, and while the Import OFX option still appears, the
> OFX Direct Connect does not.

ofx direct connect doesn't appear as a separate menu item.
OfxDirectConnect is a backend processor in aqbanking that is set up in
gnucash using the HBCI setup tool. You set up your banking relationships
using the HBCI setup (where one of the backend choices is aqofxconnect
(aka directconnect)), then you get Online Actions... available when
you're looking at the register of a gnucash account that has online
capabilities.

gnucash uses libofx both directly (for importing transactions from web
downloads) and indirectly through aqbanking for
direct-from-the-bank-to-gnucash-registers activity.

I don't have a direct connect bank account, so I have only used
gnucash/aqbanking to get transactions directly from a credit card
account into gnucash.

>
> I am assuming, at this point, that I need to rebuild the aqbanking packages
> with the new libofx in place.  I'll do that and report back.
>
>  -Don



--
David Reiser
[hidden email]

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: 1.9: OFX Direct Connect

Don Levey-3
In reply to this post by Derek Atkins
Derek Atkins wrote:

> Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Don Levey wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> I am assuming, at this point, that I need to rebuild the aqbanking
>>> packages with the new libofx in place.  I'll do that and report
>>> back.
>>>
>>>  -Don
>>
>> Oops, can't do that.  The aqbanking packages need the libofx-devel
>> package which wasn't built along with the other two.  I'll keep
>> pounding on this... -Don
>
> Why don't you take the Fedora libofx.spec and modify it to 0.8.1
> and run "make dist" in the libofx SVN tree to get a tarball?
>

Because that hadn't occurred to me.  However, I've now tried that and I've
got a tarball.  Clearly, though, either I didn't edit the spec file
properly, or my assumptions are incorrect.  I've tried three separate
things:

1) I've unpacked the tarball, made sure the spec file references v0.8.1, and
tried running rpmbuild -ba <specfile>.  This, unfortunately, only gives me
libofx and libofx-debuginfo.  I did indeed take the spec file from the
libofx-0.8.0 source RPM I found on the fedora.redhat.com site, and tried to
use it against the tarball I made from CVS for libofx-0.8.1.

2) I've tried running rpmbuild -ta <tarball>.  This fails, erroring that I
don't have libofx-0.7.0-gcc4.patch.  Adding that file to the referenced
directory give me an error on that file (1 out of 1 hunk failed).

3) I've tried rpmbuild --rebuild <src rpm made from #1>.  Not surprisingly,
this gave me exactly the same results as #1.

Bottom line: I'm unable to get the libofx-devel RPM to build.

 -Don

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.